Koodo Community

Phone Replacement

Hi! So first time contract user :)

My boyfriend unfortunately cracked his phone screen fairly badly and we don't have warranty on our phones (it's more money than we can afford). But if we were to pay off his remaining tab would we be able to get a new phone put on the tab? Or would he be still stuck with what he has...  

Thanks!! 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My boyfriend unfortunately cracked his phone screen fairly badly and we don't have warranty on our phones (it's more money than we can afford). But if we were to pay off his remaining tab would we be able to get a new phone put on the tab? Or would he be still stuck with what he has...  

Thanks!! 

This depends on when you started the Tab.

If the Tab is almost entirely paid off and you are looking to upgrade your phone with Koodo, you may be able to work something out with Koodo to waive the remaining part of your Tab. I would suggest you to schedule a callback through Koodo Assist to speak to a rep first. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can indeed pay off the remaining tab balance and tab bonus and get a new phone on the tab.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone is it?

Did you check reputable local repair shops?

You can buy a new phone, but you have option to repair it.  I have been to good repair shop.  Those shops screen repair price is vary, so check few shops around. You might find good shop.

Thanks!! 

This depends on when you started the Tab.

If the Tab is almost entirely paid off and you are looking to upgrade your phone with Koodo, you may be able to work something out with Koodo to waive the remaining part of your Tab. I would suggest you to schedule a callback through Koodo Assist to speak to a rep first. 

Hey! So we have like 19 months left on his, I started mine just after we had gotten together and then I eventually added him. That's why I was wondering if we just pay it off if we would be able to just get a new phone

What phone is it?

Did you check reputable local repair shops?

You can buy a new phone, but you have option to repair it.  I have been to good repair shop.  Those shops screen repair price is vary, so check few shops around. You might find good shop.

Unfortunately no one in our small town does this type of phone :( 

You can indeed pay off the remaining tab balance and tab bonus and get a new phone on the tab.

Okay! Awesome

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey! So we have like 19 months left on his, I started mine just after we had gotten together and then I eventually added him. That's why I was wondering if we just pay it off if we would be able to just get a new phone

In that case, you may be better off sending the phone off to your local repair shop. If you upgrade your phone right now with Koodo, you will need to pay the remaining Tab balance and Tab Bonus balance left on your account. It will end up being too expensive. 

Based on your location, I would suggest you to check out this website and see if they can help you repair your boyfriend’s phone screen. According to the site, they have a location in Dawson Creek. Good luck! https://wefixitweprintit.ca