Koodo Community

Community

PC Mobile Launching June 12! Too bad Koodo already has them beat

Another win for Koodo... PC Mobile is launching tomorrow, with un-spectacular plans: $35/month: - 100 Nationwide anytime minutes - Unlimited Nationwide family calling - Unlimited Nationwide evening and weekends (6PM) - Unlimited International text, picture and video messaging - 100MB data - Call display, Voice mail, call forwarding, call conferencing - $2/month add-on for 5PM evenings $50/month: - 500 Nationwide anytime minutes - Unlimited Nationwide family calling - Unlimited Nationwide evening and weekends (6PM) - Unlimited International text, picture and video messaging - 500MB data ($5/500mb over) - Call display, Voice mail, call forwarding, call conferencing - $2/month add-on for 5PM evenings $65/month: - Unlimited Calling - Unlimited Nationwide family calling - Unlimited Nationwide evening and weekends (6PM) - Unlimited International text, picture and video messaging - 1GB data ($5/500mb over) - Call display, Voice mail, call forwarding, call conferencing

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wow, those plans are bad.
Well before to get negative on them, what about the phone cost? if they are giving a better deal, say 20% tab or 30% tab or 18 month contract? Let's wait and see
Userlevel 1
MarcusG wrote:

Well before to get negative on them, what about the phone cost? if they are giving a better deal,...

hmmmmm!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MarcusG wrote:

Well before to get negative on them, what about the phone cost? if they are giving a better deal,...

Personally, the plan price/features are the most important factors to me. It's bad when Rogers offers a better plan (I'd argue that their $60 plan is better than the PC $65 plan: everything's the same except the Rogers plan doesn't offer unlimited calling - 1000 minutes and 6pm evenings weekends). That's why I could care less about their contract system.
MarcusG wrote:

The tab is better because you aren't locked in like a fixed term contract is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MarcusG wrote:

The tab can be worse than a fixed-term contract, if you have a cheap plan. How's 5 years of paying off the tab any better than a 3-year contract. Do keep in mind that no carrier charges outrageous cancellation fees in Canada anymore and haven't done so for a while now. Only customers that signed up under the old terms (1-2 years ago) are still affected by that.
Userlevel 6
MarcusG wrote:

Gotta agree with Philo as well. The plan > the phone. The reason is, while the phone purchase is a fixed, one time payment (when you buy outright), the plan is due every month. You can always do whatever you want with the phone to accomodate the price you're willing to pay, like buying pre-owned, used, hand-me-downs from friends/family or buying the latest international unlocked model. The plan is much less flexible, so when I shop around, I put the emphasis on the plan and couldn't care less about the phone part. Even more interesing, most carriers offer a 10% BYOD discount to sweeten the deal.
Userlevel 6
Well if they are creating their own Mobile Company, whats the point of selling other Carriers? The Mobile Shop should drop all other carriers and just favor their own. As this will be the case anyway, they'll try to sell their own brand than any other first. Its like Bell trying to sell Koodo on their stores. Kinda tiring when customers think they activated a Koodo phone but resellers actually activated them on Fido because they offer more commission. When I used to work in a retailer, For every Koodo/Telus new activations, they get $15, Fido/Rogers is $30. Some employees try to sell more of them because they get more commission, which isn't fair to the customer.
Userlevel 7
Delayed launch until further notice 😉
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

Delayed launch until further notice ;)

hmmmmmmm!
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

With plans like these, they can delay all they want, it's not a great loss, lol!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

+s to all! lol
Pc mobile is just rebranding Koodo services/phones. The slight increase in rate plans is to deflect the cost of the "30/18 month contracts" basically they are giving out $300/$180 tabs and basically charging a bit more per month for the rate plan to cover the tab or economic enducement. Instead of doing the 10% of rate plan to pay off the "tab" they are just making it a fixed $10 amount to cover it.
Badge +4
Philippe Lam wrote:

Pc mobile is just rebranding Koodo services/phones. The slight increase in rate plans is to defle...

PC Mobile is an MVNO that resells Bell Mobility services.
Philippe Lam wrote:

Pc mobile is just rebranding Koodo services/phones. The slight increase in rate plans is to defle...

hmmm perhaps we should start our own companies...