Koodo Community
Solved

Paying off tab bonus

• 24 October 2020
  • 7 replies

I’ve paid my tab off but still have the tab bonus which I’m not able to pay off online. I tried going in to a Koodo store but they couldn’t help me either. All I want to do is upgrade to a new phone, but can’t until this is paid. 
Has anyone been able to do something like this?

icon

Best answer by Allan M 24 October 2020, 02:38

You don’t have to pay the tab bonus back unless you upgrade your phone. Because of this you can’t proactively pay it off.

Once you upgrade your phone, the charge for the remaining tab bonus will appear on your bill.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7

You may send a private message to koodo via Facebook and ask for advice. One of the koodo mobile masters may also be able to help.

I tried that through Twitter and it almost seemed as if that person didn’t know there were two separate tabs. I can try again though, would most likely get a different person.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You don’t have to pay the tab bonus back unless you upgrade your phone. Because of this you can’t proactively pay it off.

Once you upgrade your phone, the charge for the remaining tab bonus will appear on your bill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What do you mean?  What happens when you try to upgrade online?

Ok that makes sense. Go in store, upgrade and get my phone then it appears on my next bill.

I pick out the phone I want and keep my plan and get to the very last page and then it says pay balance. I click that and it refreshes the page and a banner at the top now says “bit of bad news, Based on your profile, you're not eligible to upgrade. Please visit a Koodo store near you and a rep will help you out.“

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I pick out the phone I want and keep my plan and get to the very last page and then it says pay balance. I click that and it refreshes the page and a banner at the top now says “bit of bad news, Based on your profile, you're not eligible to upgrade. Please visit a Koodo store near you and a rep will help you out.“

Gotcha.  yeah you have to go instore to make the purchase in this case