Koodo Community
Solved

paying off tab balance early

• 19 October 2020
  • 7 replies

hello all.

i know this has probably been asked a lot,  but I have a question about my tab balance.

I got my phone in December 2019 with a tab balance of 240 and 140 upfront, I only have 140 left on my tab.

i wanted to pay it off and renew to get a new phone. 

People are telling me If I renew before two years i would have to pay back the tab balance (which I’m fine with) and also pay all the discounts I got when i first got the phone. So instead of the phone costing me 380, I would have to pay back the retail cost. 

is this true? 

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 19 October 2020, 18:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Check your self serve account for the amounts owing for Tab and for Tab credit/bonus. You will have to pay both if you wish to pay off your tab. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The system should have been updated to show if you have any c edits to repay. It depends on when you got it if you'd have any or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In other words, yeah it’ll be like paying retail for the phone. Since you’ve stayed 12/24 months, only half the tab bonus will be needed to paid back.

Just to make my post a little more clearer (wrote it in a hurry)

I heard that if I stayed for 2 years, I would just have to pay the tab balance and I’m done.

If I cancel or renewed before 2 years, I would have to pay the tab balance AND pay the remanding phone balance/credit

I’ve been getting 2 different answers and Im not sure anymore 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What you said above is right. If you stay under 2 years you would need to pays the tab balance and bonus you’ve been given when you purchased the phone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There is more info about Tab bonus.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Tab-bonus?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=Tab%20bonus

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

hello all.

i know this has probably been asked a lot,  but I have a question about my tab balance.

I got my phone in December 2019 with a tab balance of 240 and 140 upfront, I only have 140 left on my tab.

i wanted to pay it off and renew to get a new phone. 

People are telling me If I renew before two years i would have to pay back the tab balance (which I’m fine with) and also pay all the discounts I got when i first got the phone. So instead of the phone costing me 380, I would have to pay back the retail cost. 

is this true? 

In you case, you have to pay back the tab plus the Tab Bonus (aka Phone Credit).  SInce you got your tab in Dec,2019, you need to contact Koodo to determine the Tab bonus remaining on your account that you will need to pay back.

Just to make my post a little more clearer (wrote it in a hurry)

I heard that if I stayed for 2 years, I would just have to pay the tab balance and I’m done.

If I cancel or renewed before 2 years, I would have to pay the tab balance AND pay the remanding phone balance/credit

I’ve been getting 2 different answers and Im not sure anymore 

If you had the tab for 2 years, both your Tab and Tab Bonus (aka Phone Credit) will be at Zero.

yes if you cancel or upgrade on a new tab before 2 years, then you would need to pay the remaining tab and remaining Tab Bonus (Phone credit).  Both the Tab and Tab Bonus declines evenly every month for 2 years