Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Paying off TAB balance?

I have a negative tab balance, I'm wondering if I put extra onto the monthly bill will it go on to my tab?

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Sammy, I don't think you can pay extra into the Tab, since Koodo contributes the 15% and not you 🙂 However, there are very persistent rumors that it might now be possible to pay off your Tab at once... have a peek in self service and see if that is the case for you too 🙂
Userlevel 2
Sophia wrote:

Hi Sammy, I don't think you can pay extra into the Tab, since Koodo contributes the 15% and no...

Those rumors are actually true 🙂.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Hi Sammy, I don't think you can pay extra into the Tab, since Koodo contributes the 15% and no...

Yay! 😃
Sophia wrote:

Thanks for the answers guys, great help!
Sophia wrote:

i paid off my tab, and got a new phone, the tab was 120 why am i charged the 120? can't seem to get answers from the office
Sophia wrote:

You were charged the 120 because you wanted to pay off the tab
Userlevel 2
You can call Koodo and request to have your negative tab be billed out and then you can put money on the bill that way, but not the way you're thinking of. Extra money on the bill just goes towards the bill, not the tab.
Userlevel 6
Myke wrote:

You can call Koodo and request to have your negative tab be billed out and then you can put money...

No need to call anymore. You can pay of your negative tab balance online, once you are logged in.
Myke wrote:

You can call Koodo and request to have your negative tab be billed out and then you can put money...

is it better to pay off tab then ur bill?
Userlevel 7
Myke wrote:

Hi Christine, If you have the money available to do so you can do it that way. Sometimes it's easier to simply charge it to your next bill as it gives you an opportunity to save money up and pay for it at that point. Hope that helps 🙂
Myke wrote:

while my tab balance is -21 less then my phone bill..lol
Userlevel 7
Myke wrote:

Well, if you feel that you can pay it off in store you're more than welcome to do it that way too. You don't need to pay off your bill first in order to upgrade as well. All that is required is to make sure that your tab is $0 at the time of purchase of a phone. Either option is available to you, it just depends on what works best for you 🙂
it will not let me pay off my tab I owe over 121.00
Userlevel 1
Rod Postman wrote:

Are you cancelling your service? You only owe that money if you leave or want to do an immediate upgrade of your phone. Otherwise, it basically disappears over time. It makes no sense to pay off the tab early. It's throwing away money.
Rod Postman wrote:

ty was just wondering about it
Userlevel 2
Rod Postman wrote:

You can pay it off early to have the tab charge removed, so it helps lessen your bill.
I called today and I cannot pay portion of the tab. you pay the full amount or use your monthly contributions
Userlevel 4
Erick Cardenas wrote:

I called today and I cannot pay portion of the tab. you pay the full amount or use your monthly c...

This thread was answered 3 months ago. No need to being it back.
Erick Cardenas wrote:

I called today and I cannot pay portion of the tab. you pay the full amount or use your monthly c...

facts > persistent rumors
Userlevel 4
Erick Cardenas wrote:

Current issues > 3 month old, answered threads
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Erick Cardenas wrote:

Koodo gives you the option to "pay off" the tab, not "pay down".