Koodo Community
Question

Paying off a Koodo tab

If I want to cancel my tab and move to a different phone company, do i just have to pay off however much is in my tab, or is there any other extra charges?

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Quote from Koodo: "Because the Koodo Tab is the alternative to a fixed-term contract, you're free to leave the ring anytime, as long as you settle any remaining Tab balance on the way out. We don't do cancellation charges. And the phone is yours to keep". Just make sure you time the cancellation properly. if you want to cancel, Cancel on or before the last day before the first day of your next cycle. Which carrier are you planning to switch to?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You also need to provide koodo 30 days verbal notice so El Tabador has time to grieve. Other wise he gets mad and charges you the next month as well.
Userlevel 7
Though Chad is technically right about the notice, you are actually only charged up until your billing cycle which is why Dickson recommended cancelling a day or two before the end of your billing cycle (which I recommend as well).
Okay, so just to be clear ... if my billing cycle ends on the November 27th, and I cancel on November 26th, will I be charged for the month of December?
Okay, so just to be clear ... if my billing cycle ends on the November 27th, and I cancel on Nove...no you will be charged till the 27th. you will be charged for december if you cancel after the 27 nov
Okay, so just to be clear ... if my billing cycle ends on the November 27th, and I cancel on Nove...Okay, so I won't owe any more. Let's say for example that my bill is $50. It's due on Nov. 27th. If I pay it before Nov. 27th and tell Koodo that I'm done as of the Nov. 27th, I owe nothing more? Also, I have + $5 on my tab. Does that get taken off my bill, or do I get nothing for it? ALSO, if i want to "port" my number from Koodo to another carrier, are there any time frames I should keep in mind for cancellation, or just the same as above?
Userlevel 5
Okay, so just to be clear ... if my billing cycle ends on the November 27th, and I cancel on Nove...If you want to port your number from Koodo to another carrier, then you shouldn't cancel with Koodo or you cannot port your number. Activate your phone with the other carrier and they should do all the work for you and all you have to pay is your remaining tab balance and your bill. You do not get your positive tab credits. That is only for phone purchases only.
Okay, so just to be clear ... if my billing cycle ends on the November 27th, and I cancel on Nove...1: As long as there is no additional usage your final bill will be zero when you pay it before hand. 2: The +$5 tab will become forfeit. 3: If you want to port your number out, you will need to keep your account active so the port will complete then your Koodo account will set itself up for cancelation.
Okay, so just to be clear ... if my billing cycle ends on the November 27th, and I cancel on Nove...Okay, so if I want to avoid being double billed (so to speak) if my billing period ends on the 27th, I'd want to have my new carrier port my number before the 27th, and then I stop paying Koodo as of the 27th that month, no bill the following month (unless overages), and my new plan would start?
Okay, so just to be clear ... if my billing cycle ends on the November 27th, and I cancel on Nove...Yes. I would recommend doing the port request 2 business days before the end of your billing cycle to be sure. Usually a port should only take 2.5 hours if its cell phone to cell phone.
Pay off tab + bill ; no extra charges or cancel fees
How and where do i pay off the whole tab? I want to close my account and give the usual notice etc. I've decided just to use my land line for awhile. Thanks.
Userlevel 4
Call Koodo to have them cancel the service then the remaining tab will be charged on your final bill