Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Paid off phone and still have a negative tab.

I paid off my phone completely and still have a negative tab amount on my account of $150 and was told i cant get a new phone before i pay off the tab balance. Wtf?

29 replies

Userlevel 7
When did you pay off the phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How did you pay off your phone?
through visa
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Storm wrote:

through visa

Sorry, I meant, did you buy the phone out right when you purchased it? Or did you have a tab and then you decided to pay off all of your tab on self serve or in store? Or did it get paid off through the tab reduction every month?
Storm wrote:

through visa

i paid it off right away when i got it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Storm wrote:

through visa

Are you sure that it wasn't a $300 phone and you paid $150 upfront plus $150 was placed on the tab?
Storm wrote:

through visa

no i got cheap phone. the lady said the phone was paid off.
Userlevel 7
Did you do this at a kiosk or online? What's your current bill balance?
i paid it off last year its down to 105 now but i paid my phone off completely through some guy at koodo in toronto
i just dont understand why i owe a negative tab amount before i can get a new phone when i already paid my phone off. i even showed them the receipt.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Storm wrote:

i just dont understand why i owe a negative tab amount before i can get a new phone when i alread...

Ok good you have a receipt. Dont lose it. Did you buy another phone on tab since that period? When you view your tab on self serve do you see the tab payment transaction on there for that month?
Storm wrote:

i just dont understand why i owe a negative tab amount before i can get a new phone when i alread...

No i didn't but i used a very small amount of tab to get the phone. When i talked to some lady over the phone she said my phone was already paid off but i still owe them however much my tab balance is before i can get a new phone. My tab still shows as a negative amount in the tab history but when i go to view phone it shows me i have a $45 tab balance i can put towards a new phone.
Userlevel 7
Storm wrote:

What phone do you have now?
Userlevel 7
Storm wrote:

And how much is your receipt for?
Storm wrote:

samsung galaxy ace 2
Storm wrote:

my receipts a bit of a mess. the phone was 150 when i got it and i traded in my old phone for $20 and got a discount on by using my positive tab towards it.
Storm wrote:

after i bought it and went home it said i had a negative tab balance of 150
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Storm wrote:

Maybe post a picture of your receipt with your personal info blocked out

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So looks like you put $64.43 on your tab on May 2013 since you had -$85.57 still owing on your tab for a total of $150 owing. This is partially the Ace you bought plus the phone you bought before that. This means you had to pay for the remainder of the phone with your credit card. So you paid for a partial phone ($86.57 minus $20 trade in credit), had $63.43 put on the tab, plus you still owe $85.57 on the tab from your previous phone for a max of $150 tab owing in May 2013. Based on your monthly tab accruals you now owe $105.38 on the tab
Userlevel 7
When you upgraded your phone originally, you hadn't fully paid off your first tab. So when you used your available tab to finance some of the new phone you in fact brought your tab back to -150$ Now between the time you upgraded and now, the crtc changed how the wireless industry works and now, in order to comply with the new rules, Koodo requires you pay off your tab in order to start a new one. This is because no tab can last more than two years and Koodo has to pay it in equal installments starting when you use it. You can no longer stack tab values. It's basically the same as using the 45$ to finance the phone and paying off the 105 on your next bill. Hope this helps.
sec need to hook up scanner to scan receipt
Here is my receipt , I'm still confused as I paid off my previous phone's tab for sure , and it had a positive balance which I was able to use / on this phone and for the rest I used my credit card to pay off my new phone at the kiosk.

Userlevel 5
I dunno everything appears right to me. The screenshot of the website shows your tab wasn't paid off when you got your new phone. You used what little room you had left, which re-upped you to 150 (that's the 64.43 discount on the receipt). Not sure what the 50 was but nothing seems out of place here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jorden wrote:

I dunno everything appears right to me. The screenshot of the website shows your tab wasn't paid...

I second Jorden's answer. You paid $35.57 for the phone. The rest went to tab. Plus you had $85.57 remaining on your tab for a full $150 tab when you got your device. Everything is correct Storm