Koodo Community

Community

Option to pay extra towards the Tab

I would like to start upgrading my phone once a year but my tab NEVER works out right for me to do this so I end up keeping my phone for longer than I'd like. If I do upgrade I end up having to pay off my current tab and pay whatever extra for the upgrade which usually ends up to be a lot at once and not feasible for me. Example: March First I have had my phone for one year, If I wanted to get the Galaxy Note II I would have to pay off my current 80$ and 250$ for a total of 330$ all at once. If I had the option to pay and extra 15$ a month over the year to the tab It would be feasible for me to upgrade. as it would only cost me 150$ instead of 330 all at once. I would LOVE the options to pay an extra 10$/15$/20$ a month towards the tab.

15 replies

Userlevel 1
Why not just put that money aside as if you were paying that much off the tab and then once you've accumulated enough, use it to upgrade and actually pay off the tab. Surely your fingers aren't so sticky that you can't keep an extra $5-$15 per month stored somewhere without touching it. It's a good exercise in self-discipline.
The tab system as of July has been changed so that the tab is cleared with in 2 years. This does not apply to tabs that were redeemed before July. So if you want to get put onto a current tab (Tab M or Tab L), then you would pay an additional $5/$10 per month and this charge is applied to the bill. The current tab system contributes 15% of the bill amount instead of 10% like it used to.
KaneSlavik wrote:

The tab system as of July has been changed so that the tab is cleared with in 2 years. This does ...

This would just compound the problem. Bigger Tab, more expensive phone next year when I want to upgrade again I'll have to pay off even more.
KaneSlavik wrote:

The tab system as of July has been changed so that the tab is cleared with in 2 years. This does ...

If you want to upgrade your phone yearly, then you will need to pay out the remainder of the tab each time.
KaneSlavik wrote:

and that is what I currently do, which as said above can be a hefty lump sum at once, I guess the positive tab just doesn't work for me.
Userlevel 2
Why would you want to pay off the Tab earlier? It is effectively an interest-free loan. If you have an extra $15 month that you can save, why not put it into a separate savings account and then use the accumulated funds to purchase a phone in a years time -- you also earn interest as well while the funds are in YOUR account -- and you still get an interest-free loan from Koodo.
quasarito wrote:

Why would you want to pay off the Tab earlier? It is effectively an interest-free loan. If you...

The only reason to pay off the tab now is if you want to upgrade your phone early.
quasarito wrote:

Why would you want to pay off the Tab earlier? It is effectively an interest-free loan. If you...

^ and I do want to upgrade more than every 2 years.
Userlevel 2
quasarito wrote:

What Ken is effectively asking is to be able to pay down the Tab faster. As the Tab is an interest-free loan, there is no economic reason to pay it down faster, or earlier. The savings account option is the most effective use of YOUR money.
quasarito wrote:

Exactly, it has nothing to do with being economic whatsoever, its about getting newer technology at decent rate. Clearly you guys don't have wives that like to spend as much money as mine LOL!
quasarito wrote:

Not having wives is not a necessary comment.
Userlevel 7
Well it would be a nice option but a bunch of customers are getting confused about how the new tabs work now, could you imagine if additional Tab options were implemented? Like what's been said, how about just putting aside that extra money? Your bank will probably even accumulate interest on your savings.
Jonathan I wrote:

Well it would be a nice option but a bunch of customers are getting confused about how the new ta...

good point! Probably would be too many options.
Jonathan I wrote:

Well it would be a nice option but a bunch of customers are getting confused about how the new ta...

you guys are not help!!

Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Hey Teena! Anything we can help you with 🙂? You can always start a new conversation with your inquiry.  Keep us posted!