Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Older tab customer

I have been with Koodo since mid 2011. My tab is about to end. I am on an old plan (6Gb of data). what happens when my tab ends? obviously i own the phone at that time, does my monthly charge go down by the 10% that was being put toward the tab? If not, do I start accumulating a positive tab so that if I get another phone then the positive tab will be put toward it?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your tab will begin to accumulate positive tab credits but if you call you can ask for the 10% discount on your plan each month and your tab will be frozen at $0 or into the positive and you won't collect any further tab credits until you have the discount removed again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You choose, Neena 🙂 You can either accumulate positive Tab, or request a 10% discount as soon as your Tab is not negative any longer. You can even buy a new phone now, but obviously you will only be able to use $150 (for Tab Small) or $300 (for Tab Medium) towards your new phone. You definitely won't be required to change your awesome plan, I'm quite jealous!
Thank you Paul and Sophia. And yes Sophia, my great plan-6Gb is amazing, I never worry about my data usage or making sure I'm on wifi. I really lucked out and have no desire to lose the plan. Also got in on a promo one of the double your data if you act in the next 7 days kind of deal...boy am i glad i did! Now just have to decide if I want to accumulate positive tab toward a future phone. Current iPhone 4S works fine and is still relevant/current, so no desire to change it as nothing else has "spoken" to me as being so much better that it's worth buying!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Neena wrote:

Thank you Paul and Sophia. And yes Sophia, my great plan-6Gb is amazing, I never worry about my ...

Well I'll tell you IMO it's better to accumulate a positive tab then it's there when you do upgrade and if you reach the maximum $150 you can freeze it there & get the 10% discount or purchase a phone for you or purchase a phone & sell it to make money if there's a phone that does catch your fancy at that time but Koodo doesnt carry it and you can purchase said phone elsewhere and bring it to Koodo with a simple unlock. There's just more options plus your gaining a positive tab at 15% as opposed to only getting 10% off your bill.