Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Not happy with new changes

Is anyone else upset about the new "tab" in which you just pay for your phone in installments? what is the purpose of paying a monthly bill if you don't get your phone paid for?

3 replies

Userlevel 3
You are basically getting a no-interest loan. Most people will not realise that they are actually paying for the phone. They will think they just got a cheap phone. It also creates the illusion that you are in a contract and you cannot leave for 24 months, which most consumers fall for, and it benefits the provider.
Userlevel 7
Hi Rob,

If you have not noticed, Koodo's new plans are considerably less expensive than other providers. That is because the added money on the plans you use to pay to pay off a phone was taken off of the plan, making the plan cost less. It still comes up to around the same thing, it just looks different on paper than what it looked like before. Personally, I find the new changes are great. The tab now works the way the customer wants it to work and can put what ever amount they want on the Tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Rob,

If you have not noticed, Koodo's new plans are considerably less expensive than other pr...

Have to agree with Mathieu: separating the cellular service costs from the phone costs, while still offering an interest-free loan for the phone makes sense. The gasoline company does not subsidize my vehicle purchase, nor does the golf course subsidize my clubs.