Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New Tab System Hits The Wallet Hard

With Koodo's new system, I am hit hard in the bank to come up with enough money to buy my new phone. The only other option is to add an immense $15 a month to my $33 plan. Koodo as removed the Small, Medium, and Large Tab system, and replaced it with a single tab. Where no matter how you go, you are paying a lot more than before. I'm ticked off, because a day before this happened I went to Koodo to pick up my new phone, and they were out of stock, so when I came back last night, I was shocked by the change that had occurred in the pricing and paying system. Extremely disappointed, I now going to have to find a way to either make room in my budget, or switch providers.

3 replies

Userlevel 6

I now going to have to find a way to either make room in my budget [...]

If you tought of this as an option, then the carriers' masterplan is definitely working. Once you get [i]used to pay a higher price for your plan, carriers hope the trend will stick with you and you won't even blink twice next time you renew/shop.upgrade. Buy outright. Get a plan that matches *exactly* your usage. Don't give anyone one penny more than what's necessary. Check out prepaid as well, it's not the incurable disease people make it out to be (until they decide to screw it up as well...)
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

If you...

I did, I got a deal for a brand new Note 4, so I stuck with my plan, and extremely enjoying my new phone, best decision I made in a long time. haha
Userlevel 6
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

If you...

So you bought a Note4 outright and were able to keep yer plan? Or you "made room" in your budget? I hope it's the former...