Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New tab and paying off tab

Hello, 

I have a question regarding the current (as of August 2016) tab option:

- I have a 100$ tab credit from Koodo
- I am interested in a new phone (LG G4)
- To purchase outright (including the credit) the phone is 450$
- On a medium tab, an extra 13$ is charged for 23 months

My main question is if I can purchase the phone on my tab [i]then pay off my tab in one go (which will, I'm assuming, have a balance of 299$ (from 13$/month for 23 months so 13*23=299)). Can I pay off my 299 owing tab right away? Or must I do this after a few set months of paying 13/month? Are there any consequences? It just seems to make more sense this way as it will be cheaper than paying 450$ outright any/or paying 550$ outright (this figure does not take into account my 100$ credit). 

Thank you very much for any help you can provide!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
You will need to wait about a week and then you can pay it off. I did that on the HTC M8 in February. 
Mathieu wrote:

You will need to wait about a week and then you can pay it off. I did that on the HTC M8 in Febru...

Hi Mathieu,

Thank you for your prompt reply! Can you comment at all on the figure of balance owing on the tab that I have outlined (299). Is this correct (as in I will only owe this "reduced" figure instead of the cost of the phone at 450). I believe so, but I just want to double check!

Best,
Jane
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

You will need to wait about a week and then you can pay it off. I did that on the HTC M8 in Febru...

You are correct, if you use the new Tab Small or Tab Medium, you will only pay 410$ for the phone!