Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New Tab

will taxes be charged on 5$ and 10 $ contribution to the TAB?

17 replies

Userlevel 4
No. That charge is for the sole purpose of the Tab. There is no logical reasion why it should be taxed 🙂
Userlevel 6
Interesting question... I'm not sure but I'd also like to know. According to the website it would look like tax is added on top of those contributions--> "Monthly Tab contribution excludes taxes, credits, late payment and monthly Tab charges"
Userlevel 4
John Burke wrote:

Interesting question... I'm not sure but I'd also like to know. According to the website it wou...

I was looking at some info when I was at work last night because these new tabs are still alien to me. I did not see anything in regards to the Tab charges being taxed
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My best guess (and it is a guess) would be no. I found that one of the advantages with the Tab S is that there are tax savings when purchasing devices on a tab. For example: The Nexus 4 is $300. If you bought it out right with cash it would be $300 plus taxes. However if you had +$150 in Tab space you could buy the phone fully with the Tab for $300 with no additional tax ramifications. Or if you only use $150 Tab and paid $150 cash, tax is only charged on the $150 you paid straight up for the device. Back to your question, like the 15% contribution made by Koodo toward paying off your Tab, I would not expect the monthly Tab Payment to have tax implications either. But like I said this is my best guess
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just got my first bill since upgrading on the Medium Tab and YES indeed there IS taxes on the $5 tab charge. Wow that's a surprise I wasn't expecting yikes, not impressed Koodo
Userlevel 4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Just got my first bill since upgrading on the Medium Tab and YES indeed there IS taxes on the $5 ...

Thanks for the clarification, Paul.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just got my first bill since upgrading on the Medium Tab and YES indeed there IS taxes on the $5 ...

Yikes indeed. Knocks the Tab M down a bit in my books. Good to know I'll be sticking to the Tab S
Userlevel 5

I would guess its more of a government thing as to what does and doesn't need to have taxes on it. But at the same time an extra 25 cents doesn't bother me all that much.
Userlevel 5

That sucks a lot. I'm not too sure about this Tab M and Tab L thing. I don't have a good feeling.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

^Star
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just thought it wasn't upfront about the taxes being added to the $5 but John said it's in the nitty gritty section of the explanation. So it's really my own fault for not checking that, & it's only a few more dollars over the 24 months so it's really not a big deal after I thought about it.
Userlevel 7
Hey now guys, Medium Tab has some benefits... and money savings potential for the customer. Let's crunch some #s. Say you want the Nexus 4. Retails for $300. You're taking the $30 Talk + Text. Assuming you are keeping the same phone and plan over the period the Tab is paid off: Small Tab: $150 upfront + ($30 x 24) = $870 Medium Tab: $0 upfront. ($30 + $5 Tab charge) x 24 = $840 There. Not only did the customer save $30 by going with medium Tab, they also didn't have to pay anything out of their pocket in store to activate. Sweet. Works on higher plans, too. Let's say you want some data and take the $39 plan: Small Tab: $150 upfront + ($39 x 24) = $1086 Medium Tab: $0 upfront. ($39 + $5 Tab charge) x 24 = $1,056 In BOTH circumstances, the customer didn't have to pay any money upfront AND saved $30.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Hey now guys, Medium Tab has some benefits... and money savings potential for the customer. Let's...

I cannot argue with Johnathan's math. I was just trying to disprove it and I cannot as the Tab Charge spread over 24 moths = $120 which is less that the gain of the additional $150 tab increase. I take back my reply above. I am a Tab M man again
Userlevel 3
Jonathan I wrote:

Hey now guys, Medium Tab has some benefits... and money savings potential for the customer. Let's...

Small detail but with inflation the last $5 actually costs less than the first $5. Although right now inflation is almost nill... I'm not a big fan of the new tabs but it would appear they are cheaper than not using them if you are getting a new phone. It's unfortunate they coincided with the arrival of less value plans. The current promo is better though than at first when the new plans arrived.
So I'm on the old $60 6gb plan, if i wanted to get a medium tab, do I have to switch to a current plan or just pay an extra $5 a month?
Userlevel 7
Omar Hassan wrote:

So I'm on the old $60 6gb plan, if i wanted to get a medium tab, do I have to switch to a current...

You can keep it! You'll just have a $5 Tab charged added on
This new tab doesn't seem right to me. earlier samsung s3 was in 150$ with  0$ upfront. now its 168$.

so suppose u have 30$ plan then for small tab of galaxy s3 u ll have to pay 10% of ur plan every month for small tab. so lets say around 3.50$ so, 3.50*24=84.

now for samsung galaxy s3, we ll have to pay 7$ each month so 7*24= 168 and of course u ll have to pay for ur plan anyway.

for tab medium n large its not a prob but for those who use small tab has to pay more now.