Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New phone. Talked into large tab. Want to switch to medium tab and pay differrence.

I bought a new phone on Friday. Was talked into a large tab. Had medium tab with old phone. I've figured it out and I'll be paying a lot more over the 2 years with large tab then if I pay out the $200 now. How do a go about switching back to a medium tab? Can I get my old plan back(not available anymore) since it's only been 3 days? Heading back to work up north on Wednesday so I need to get this figured out right away.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Go back and return the phone. You have 15 days from purchase date to do so. You can go for tab medium at that point . I'm not sure about getting your old plan back.
Would rather not return phone. It was the only Galaxy 4 left in Charlottetown and I've now set it up the way I want it. Is there any other way?
Userlevel 7
Kent Clements wrote:

Would rather not return phone. It was the only Galaxy 4 left in Charlottetown and I've now set i...

They can set you back up with that phone. You'll have to pay the additional 200$ for the phone. No need to give it back permanently. But you should bring it with you
Kent Clements wrote:

Would rather not return phone. It was the only Galaxy 4 left in Charlottetown and I've now set i...

Can I go back to my old plan since it's only been 3 days? IT's not available anymore?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kent Clements wrote:

Like Chad said Chad said above it's uncertain that you will be able to get your old plan back. However it's worth a try
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kent Clements wrote:

I'd actually go beyond 'uncertain' and say 'unlikely'.
Userlevel 7
Kent Clements wrote:

It doesn't hurt to ask. A channel support rep has given one of my customers the old $35 double/double promo of 200 minutes/300MB (I think) as a loyalty offer on an upgrade last year when the plan was already expired for a month or so. My guess is the SKU was still available in the system. If his plan was something like City Koodo $35 then I'd say no chance lol
Userlevel 3
Kent Clements wrote:

Doesn't hurt to ask for the price plan you have available. Depends on the price plan you were on and how old it was. It's not a guarentee but it might still be available if channel support adds it. Otherwise you'd have to return the phone and pay the $200 plus whatever different up top of the phone.
Userlevel 4
Kent Clements wrote:

Usually, if the plan is more than a month expired, the chances of getting said plan back are very slim.
Userlevel 3
Kent Clements wrote:

"slim" but possible
Userlevel 4
Kent Clements wrote:

You'd have a better chance at winning a local lottery. To be honest, when an expired plan is changed, we are not supposed to give it back UNLESS there is an extreme circumstance as to why. This situation might work as a reason since it has only been three days. Like I said earlier, if said plan is more than a month expired, you probably won't get it back. It's worth a shot. Worst case scenerio is you can't.
Userlevel 3
Kent Clements wrote:

That's exactly what I was implying at least we're on the same page.