Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New Koodoo customer, can I keep my old phone?

Hi! I am looking to changing my cellphone compagnie and looking at koodoo mobile. Do any of you now if I can get a discount if I bring in an old phone? Or if I can continue using the new phone and just switching my plan? Thank you!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Both! If your phone is compatible and you want to use it on Koodo, Koodo will give you 10% off your bill each month Or if your phone doesn't excite you any more you can trade it in for a credit towards a new phone. Trade in value varies depending on what phone you have and it's condition.
Userlevel 7
If you bring your old phone, you can indeed get a discount of 10% off your monthly plan! I'm not sure what you're trying to ask in the second question but you can switch your plan once every billing cycle. Maybe you could clarify a bit, thanks 🙂
Userlevel 7
Also to check if your phone is compatible, make sure it supports 850/1900 mHz and is unlocked. Or if it's a telus model, it may work without unlocking. 🙂
Userlevel 6
This will have all the info you need to know too. http://koodomobile.com/switchmobile/
Userlevel 3
Off chance if it is a telus iphone it would require to be unlocked. Otherwise I'd contact your current provider and request them to unlock your phone or it won't work with Koodo. The 10% discount will be added from the time you activate. Mind telling us what phone you have?
Userlevel 5
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Off chance if it is a telus iphone it would require to be unlocked. Otherwise I'd contact your cu...

Telus iPhones don't need to be unlocked in order to work with Koodo. Most telus phones will work with Koodo without unlocking.
Userlevel 7
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Off chance if it is a telus iphone it would require to be unlocked. Otherwise I'd contact your cu...

Most? BlackBerry 10 and Iphone are the only ones I'm aware of
Userlevel 3
Rocky Balboa wrote:

I forgot the word "NOT" sorry guys. Typo!