Koodo Community
Solved

negative tab balance

• 8 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I broke my phone and needed another one so I paid off my tab balance of 459 to get a new phone and it says I wasn't eligible for a upgrade.I called koodo and the rep said I had a negative tab balance so how do I pay that off cause I do not want to wait a year and a half just to replace my phone 

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 8 February 2021, 04:06

I broke my phone and needed another one so I paid off my tab balance of 459 to get a new phone and it says I wasn't eligible for a upgrade.I called koodo and the rep said I had a negative tab balance so how do I pay that off cause I do not want to wait a year and a half just to replace my phone 

You can do it online. Log in to your Self Serve account, click the “Self Serve” tab at the top, scroll down the list, and click “Koodo Tab”. Once you are on the page, you should be able to pay off your remaining Tab balance. 

Note that if you pay off your Tab early, but you still have a remaining Tab Bonus balance, you will be charged the remaining Tab Bonus balance once you upgrade. 

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can do it online. Log in to your Self Serve account, click the “Self Serve” tab at the top, scroll down the list, and click “Koodo Tab”. Once you are on the page, you should be able to pay off your remaining Tab balance. 

Note that if you pay off your Tab early, but you still have a remaining Tab Bonus balance, you will be charged the remaining Tab Bonus balance once you upgrade. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So when you spoke to the rep, did you ask how you would pay off the negative tab balance and that you paid your tab on self serve just like you told us?  What did the rep say when you said that?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Lucia 

If you were unable to proceed with the order in self serve, please make sure the remaining tab is paid off.

Also, please note that tab bonus charges will be sent to the next bill once the upgrade is completed.

The reason behind it may be the remaining tab bonus (assuming the tab pay off was requested already): https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/upgrading-your-phone

If you are still unable to complete the upgrade, please ask a rep to place it for you or send us a message via Faceobook/Twitter.

Regards,

Flo