Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My tab balance has remained at 5.00 for months now. What's happening?

Hi there,

I got a phone on a tab a number of years ago and am awaiting for my tab balance to rise to get a new model. My tab balance has remained at 5.00 for MONTHS now.
Why?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
When did you get your device?
Chad Burr wrote:

When did you get your device?

Like in early 2014
Userlevel 4
are you on a newer plan that koodo doesn't contribute to your tab?
Jay Why wrote:

My plan and phone are +2 years old. It's not a new plan. Double wide 45.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jay Why wrote:

@Jenn, back in April  2015 we have notified customers of some upcoming changes:

[i]On June 3, 2015, we’re dropping your outstanding Tab balance to $0. At this time you’ll be able to choose from our new line-up of plans launching April 19,2015 and can upgrade to a new Samsung Galaxy s4 for $0.
[i]On June 3, 2015, your monthly rate plan will change to new Tab rules. The new Tab doesn’t allow for a positive Tab balance. The previous Tab rule that 10%
[i]of your bill accumulated as a positive Tab balance once your Tab balance reached zero, will no longer apply. If you do not agree with this change, you will be
[i]able to cancel your service without penalty within 30 days of the change. Otherwise, your service will continue as amended, with all other terms remaining
[i]unchanged.

I hope this helps explain things.
Jay Why wrote:

Well, that just plain stinks. All this time I thought I was accumulating a tab balance and I get nothing for it. Looks like I'll be shopping around.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jay Why wrote:

Sorry to hear that your phone service has not worked in months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jay Why wrote:

I dont agree with Koodo changing someone's Tab when they did not upgrade or change their rate plan.

When I called in a few months ago I was still on the old tab they asked me if they could switch me to the new tab structure.