Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My LG G3 blue screened last night and won't turn on

Userlevel 2
I opened an app last night and my phone just blue screened and shut down and now it won't turn back on. I didn't even think phones could blue screen. I've been reading forums online and it is apparently a common problem with LG G3s and there is no permanent fix, they all said they got a new phone. I've only had this phone for about 16 months and still have $120 on my tab. Am I required to pay that? My phone is basically a useless brick now and I'm going to have to take on another tab to get a new one probably.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Jennifer, yes unfortunately you are on the hook to pay that tab and unfortunately your one year warranty has expired so your option I'd to contact LG and have them fix it at cost to you (which is a pretty reasonable flat rate) or buy a new phone. You can pay off your tab with koodo and buy a new phone on the tab or purchase a new or used compatible unlocked device elsewhere. Side note Telus phones will work on Koodo without unlocking.
Userlevel 6
I believe the repair fee would be higher than the remaining tab amount, so that's something to consider. I believe the G5 is $0 up front on a tab right now, along with several other phones that are much newer than the G3.
The same thing happened with my LG G3 😞

Userlevel 2
That sucks dude. Its apparently a common problem and they won't do anything to help you. I ended up having to pay off my $120 tab and get a new phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's an old topic with an older unconventional solution:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lg+g3+blue+screen+fix

My LG G4 died last year the same way as my new LG G3, blue screen, I think everyone gotta stop buying LG phone, LG sucks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Noc Sud wrote:

My LG G4 died last year the same way as my new LG G3, blue screen, I think everyone gotta stop bu...

The old models are know to have issues the G6 and above don't have those issues and are actually great phones.