Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My koodo tab is frozen at 150$, why?

My koodo tab is stuck at 150$. Why is this the maximum that the tab can reach? Does Koodo think so little of me as a customer that they cut off this meagre 10% discount on my next phone?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
$150 is the maximum a tab can reach. It's nothing personal.
Thank you for answering Ahmad. Koodo should know that it is very insulting to me, and i'm searching for another provider who will give me a better deal on a new phone.
Userlevel 7
ted.strauss wrote:

Thank you for answering Ahmad. Koodo should know that it is very insulting to me, and i'm sear...

Why has Koodo insulted you?
Userlevel 7
ted.strauss wrote:

Thank you for answering Ahmad. Koodo should know that it is very insulting to me, and i'm sear...

You realize that the positive tab has no cash value. Once you leave it's gone.

Currently you can use that value toward another device.

That's a free phone, where is the insult +150$ has been the maximum tab sincr tab started btw
ted.strauss wrote:

Because they have a "tab" program that is supposed to give me 10% of my bill as credit towards a new phone, and they set a maximum amount of discount on this program. 10% credit is not very much to begin with, and setting a limit on this is -you guessed it- insulting.
Userlevel 7
ted.strauss wrote:

That max has been there since day one
Userlevel 7
ted.strauss wrote:

Well ted, to start of with the tab contributions were 15%. Now, Koodo does not even do any tab contributions. Through the tab, Koodo basically paid for most of your phone themselves through your paying a monthly plan. Why would Koodo keep giving you more and more when, at the time having a 150 positive balance would allow you to get a 300$ credit off of your next phone. I really don't see the harm nor the insult this is.... If anything insults you it should at least be the new tabs.
ted.strauss wrote:

I have been a koodo customer for 5 years, and have paid all my bills to them. This adds up to at least 7000$. If after that they can't give me a better deal on a phone, including a 10% credit with no arbitrary limit, then I will be looking for another provider. I don't recall them ever telling me there was a 150$ limit, though i'm sure it was explicit in the contract. I appreciate your comments and respect any differences of opinion.
Userlevel 5
ted.strauss wrote:

So your saying that good has been good enough to you that you stuck around for 5 years. But because they aren't going to give you more than $150 positive tab your leaving? You do realize that the positive tab can be combined with any of the other tab amounts so you could essentially get 650 off a phone? Even if you stuck with the new regular tab youd get 510 off a phone which seems like a pretty good deal to me. But if you leave and find someone who gives a much better solution, with all the great things Koodo offers, let me know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ted.strauss wrote:

If the only reason you pay for cellphone service is to get a discount off your next phone then you're what's wrong with the economy. You are paying for nationwide voice, text and data service. The credit towards your new phone is a bonus, not a god given right.
Userlevel 6
ted.strauss wrote:

Mark & Timo - wish this forum worked like facebook so I could like your comments!!!
ted.strauss wrote:

"God given right" ??? Here are three articles about how the big three telecom companies (including Telus which owns Koodo) are gouging Canadian consumers, keeping prices up, and keeping competitors out of the market. http://montrealgazette.com/technology/canadians-continue-to-get-gouged-on-phone-internet-and-tv-prices http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/steve-e-anderson/wireless-market-canada_b_4612164.html http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2013/03/06/how_long_will_canadians_put_up_with_mistreatment_from_cell_phone_companies.html
Userlevel 6
ted.strauss wrote:

Apple also increased the price of their phones, costs for fruits and veggies are also on the rise. A telco provider is a business, a business needs to add value to customers and also be profitable. I'd rather be with a stable Canadian company than a fly by night venture