Koodo Community

My $120 phone discount from the positive tab credit does not show up when I'm trying to buy a new phone?

• 25 August 2020
  • 14 replies

As described in the title, I am supposed to have a $120 phone discount from when the positive Tab was retired in 2017, but when I’m shopping for a new phone today, the discount is not showing up at checkout. I’ve attached a screenshot of my tab history showing when the tab was waived back in 2017, and a screenshot of the checkout screen which shows that no discount has been applied. How do I go about getting this fixed?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It doesn't look like you're getting the phone on a tab. Could you try going through again but choosing a tab this time?

I have the same issue when I tried upgrading on a TAB and my positive tab of $150 was not applied so I am also looking for a solution.  I have a callback rep scheduled….hmmmm…..have been waiting for over an hour…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have the same issue when I tried upgrading on a TAB and my positive tab of $150 was not applied so I am also looking for a solution.  I have a callback rep scheduled….hmmmm…..have been waiting for over an hour…..

How long did it say you would have to wait for your callback?

Hi Allan:

Here’s the screenshot of when I have a tab selected. There is still no discount applied.

It doesn't look like you're getting the phone on a tab. Could you try going through again but choosing a tab this time?

Hi Allan:

I did as you said, but the discount still doesn’t show.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Allan:

I believe you are getting $120 discount there.

If you buy the A51 on Tab plus, it should be $0 upfront and $360 on the tab.

But your screenshot is showing only $240 to pay. Even tho you choose Tab plus, but payment option is convert to basic.  Also, tab bonus is $60 instead of $180.

This is the page if I pick tab plus for A51

Hi Allan:

I believe you are getting $120 discount there.

If you buy the A51 on Tab plus, it should be $0 upfront and $360 on the tab.

But your screenshot is showing only $240 to pay. Even tho you choose Tab plus, but payment option is convert to basic.  Also, tab bonus is $60 instead of $180.

This is the page if I pick tab plus for A51

Hi Mayumi:

No, I don’t think so. My screenshot was showing the $240 to pay because I deliberately chose the Tab Basic option so that there will be an upfront cost to the phone, which I felt would be the best way to see if the discount is being applied. I’ve gone through again and chose the Tab Plus plan (see screenshot below) and you can see that it is now $0 upfront and $360 on the tab, which is what is as advertised and therefore cannot be including the discount.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok. I got mixup because I saw Tab plus discount was showing, yet monthly Tab charge was showing Tab basic. 

At this point, I would send them message through FB and ask them to apply tab credit manually.  Tell them you tried to do it by yourself through self serve, but their system didn’t apply  your credit on it.

Just read this, having same issue- had $150 as a tab bonus credit towards new phone that is not showing up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just read this, having same issue- had $150 as a tab bonus credit towards new phone that is not showing up. 

https://community.koodomobile.com/tab-66727/legacy-grandfathered-tab-bonus-is-missing-7799537

Hi, I’m having the same issue here, has anyone gotten this resolved?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi, I’m having the same issue here, has anyone gotten this resolved?

If your credit from your positive tab is not showing up you will need to contact a kood rep to look at it.  Please send them a private message via facebook or twitter.

https://community.koodomobile.com/tab-66727/legacy-grandfathered-tab-bonus-is-missing-7799537

Why would I not be authorized to access this page? Too new here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why would I not be authorized to access this page? Too new here?

Koodo reps will archive posts from time to time that they don't think will provide help to people in the future or are one off issues. It'll show as "you're unauthorized to view the page" when that happens.