Koodo Community

Community

More flexibility than the other guys! The Next step to make Koodo even better is to make it SIMPLE Choose your plan THEN choose your tab

Userlevel 1
I [b]don't need unlimited minutes.
I [b]don't want to pay for unlimited minutes
so why have tab specific plans? Tab L right now [b]only has Unlimited minutes. Lets let the customer choose whether or not they want unlimited minutes by [b]getting an add-on for $20 or so. Lets [b][i]change the tab charge on Tab L and get rid of Tab specific plans! :)

[b]Choose your plan, then choose your Tab!
Tab S  = $0 tab charge    ($6.25 tab contribution)
Tab M  = $5 tab charge   ($12.50 tab contribution
NEW Tab L = $25 tab charge   ($22 tab contribution)

[b]Therefore plans like this can happen:

[b]TAB S:  $44/mo for 500min and 500MB
[b]TAB M: $49/mo for 500min and 500MB
[b]NEW TAB L: $69/mo for 500min and 500MB

Lets keep making Koodo the most brilliant carrier in Canada!
when the Tab was introduced it was amazing. People didn't have to pay big bucks every month for an amazing phone. When the new larger tab system was released it made everything even better! While other people pay $80/month for a premium phone, Koodo customers get the same premium phone for half the monthly costs! The fact that I can get a Nexus 5 or an iPhone for $39/month is amazing to say the least. But... I think we can do even better! lets get rid of Tab specific plans. What about having the exact same plans as before, but just adding $25 to your plan to make it the NEW Tab L plan? it would pay off the phone just like Tab L does right now, but It would be easier for people to get the phones they want without paying the same as everyone else! Why pay more money for Unlimited minutes that you don't use except for after 5pm?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think $10 a month tab charge already turns away more people than they'd like and I really don't see anybody other than you wanting to pay a $25 a month tab charge. Why would anyone want to pay $69 for 500mb and 500 minutes PLUS $25 tab charge instead of the now $10 tab charge when they right now get that but unlimited minutes and the 500mb for $70 and only pay $10 tab charge? Your plan is heavily flawed IMO.
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

I think $10 a month tab charge already turns away more people than they'd like and I really don't...

the base plan is $44 then the Tab Charge is $25 so the plan is 44 + 25 = 69 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think $10 a month tab charge already turns away more people than they'd like and I really don't...

Oh well that wouldn't work for Koodo at all as the plans are completely in line with every other carrier right now and they'd be losing money if they dropped prices that low. They had to rise prices to make up for having to meet the new CRTC rules of tab clear guarantee within 24 months. We'd all love to see these plans your suggesting but they are not feasible and you might as well ask for unlimited everything because you have just as good of a chance getting that as these plans.
Userlevel 1

tab contribution remains the same. minutes are decreased, data is raised. thats what I was saying originally. Taking my idea as a basis, what would a feasible plan be thats less that $80/mo for 500 minutes and even 200 MB of data? 🙂 all other carriers to add unlimited minutes to your plan is $20/mo. So how about we just remove the unlimited minutes and make the data raise?
Userlevel 7
Bottom line is you'd like more data for less. Never going to happen. Truth is people don't talk to each other anymore. We social media to each other. The demand for voice is so low they could (should) basically give every plan unlimited minutes and choose your data levels and still make money. Data is in demand and as long as it is, the price we will pay for using it will continue to rise. When data is no longer in demand, prices will fall (aka never). In the future traditional voice over the cellular radio will be obsolete and we will all not talk over VoLTE, further increasing the demand for data. Removing unlimited voice just won't have the impact you're looking for.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Bottom line is you'd like more data for less. Never going to happen. Truth is people don't talk t...

+1 Chad explained it perfectly. Minutes for data trade-off won't happen
Userlevel 1
http://gsfn.us/t/4hv8j See what everyone else is saying right now 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
DataHog wrote:

http://gsfn.us/t/4hv8j See what everyone else is saying right now :)

What we're always saying: that David is awesome 😃