Koodo Community

Community

Make that slider go where it should :)

Userlevel 6
I noticed something while browsing the device lineup... If you are logged into your Self-Serve and shopping for a phone, you can still only use the Tab slider for amounts up to $150. The slider doesn't take into account the $300 TabM or the $500 TabL. Now... Not that it's that big a deal, but, is it on purpose? Having the slider working properly would help (at least, [i]visually) out people have a better grasp of the Tab they're choosing or applying for. Or maybe the slider acts like this, in my case, because I'm on the BYOD discount? In any case, I think the Tab slider needs an update, and having it reflect the new Tabs would be a good start!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think the slider still works this way because customers can only buy a phone on tab M or tab L in store
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I think the slider still works this way because customers can only buy a phone on tab M or tab L ...

I second that. Only thing you can buy online is tab S.
Userlevel 6
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I think the slider still works this way because customers can only buy a phone on tab M or tab L ...

Makes sense. And what if someone's already on TabM and wishes to re-use it? Can't do that from the couch?
Userlevel 5
While what Timo says makes sense, why not have the slider change colour once you go past the Tab S limit with some text appearing saying that "to use greater than X amount on the tab visit your local kiosk). That way people can still get the estimate, but it gives them a reminder that it must be done in store.
Userlevel 6
Jorden wrote:

While what Timo says makes sense, why not have the slider change colour once you go past the Tab ...

Hey, I like that! There could also be a bill simulator too, where you can choose a plan, a phone (or BYOD), and then based on the province you choose, you'd get a preview of the first bill + the next one. That'd take care of most of the questions about proration!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jorden wrote:

While what Timo says makes sense, why not have the slider change colour once you go past the Tab ...

As if, I was thinking of the exact same thing a couple days ago from the forum always getting ppl not knowing how the tab works and asking "how much will it cost me for this phone if I have this much on my tab"? I'm getting tired of having to figure out how much the phone will cost them for each level of tab and writing it out here, it's pretty damn time consuming and I feel like just putting " There's this thing out there in the world called a calculator, find one and use it" lol
Userlevel 6
Jorden wrote:

Maybe it could be an Excel sheet, a bit like Sophia's post/pre paid sim? It doesn't absolutely have to be built into the forum
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jorden wrote:

I really like the idea that you can at least have self-serve give you Tab M/L available with a disclaimer that it's in-store only O.A.C.
Userlevel 5
Hey David,

Just a follow up, we're looking to make changes on our website. Your idea is definitely valid and are considering it 😃
Userlevel 6
Sumaya K. wrote:

Hey David,

Just a follow up, we're looking to make changes on our website. Your idea is definit...

Well, I'm taking this as a compliment since my ideas are usually met with criticism and rolling eyes from my girlfriend, so I'm happy now, lol!
Userlevel 5
Sumaya K. wrote:

Hey David,

Just a follow up, we're looking to make changes on our website. Your idea is definit...

Haha@David, we welcome all ideas. No eye rolling here 🙂