Koodo Community
Solved

Loyalty Rep hung up the call after not solving my issue!

• 21 October 2020
  • 14 replies

My issue is when choosing the upgrade phone they cut out the option to select tab plus and only give me tab medium and basic or buy it now.  But if I make a new account I could get approved or if I switch to like fido or something not that I want to kinda like the phone quality when I live on this netowrk.

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 21 October 2020, 23:34

rep on the phones like you f’ed but I can switch to fido with a better offer its looking like that may be what I do unless they can figure something out. but if they hang up again lol I wont be calling back. this would be my 4th phone with koodo

Hung up again? Why they hung up twice?  

Well, if you have a better offer from Fido, then why not grab it?  It's much better than nagging and get frustrated with Koodo.

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7

You need to make a choice based on the options provided to you, OR contact koodo (private message on Facebook) and see if they will accommodate your preferred tab option, while notifying them of your other options. 

your reply sounds more like just switch to another carrier 

Userlevel 7

Not really, koodo has been good for me and I am happier with them compared to my experience with Rogers. What I am saying is that Koodo is painfully aware that their customers are aware of other competitive options in the market. If you REALLY find it impossible to live with their current offers, you may leverage your knowledge of other market options to possibly make them more flexible.

rep on the phones like you f’ed but I can switch to fido with a better offer its looking like that may be what I do unless they can figure something out. but if they hang up again lol I wont be calling back. this would be my 4th phone with koodo

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone model were you ordering? Some phones are only available on tab Med.

If the phone was available with Tab Plus (when you didn’t sign into self-serve) but you could only have the Tab med, the issue could be from your “credit rating” from the last your credit check with Koodo. You could try to ask a rep to increase it by running another credit check. You could also contact koodo webstore via email koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com and see if they can do anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My issue is when choosing the upgrade phone they cut out the option to select tab plus and only give me tab medium and basic or buy it now. 

-They have your file/credit score as an existing customer. That's why they give you choice if Tab M and Basic.  ( It could be be because of how long you are with Koodo too)

But if I make a new account I could get approved

- Even if you get approved forTab plus at checkout, it might come back decline your order later. (They need to run a creditcheck as a new customer.). I've seen similar post…

And you mentioned that loyalty rep hung up on you. What was that about? Did you talk to them about Tab size choices?

at the other companies they run the credit checks already I just have to hit order which I will if koodo fails me

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hung up again? Why they hung up twice?  

Well, if you have a better offer from Fido, then why not grab it?  It's much better than nagging and get frustrated with Koodo.

yeah i been on hold now for 1 hour and 30 min I think I am done fuck this company

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

yeah i been on hold now for 1 hour and 30 min I think I am done fuck this company

Which number did you call? You were supposed to setup a callback and didn’t have to wait.

Which number did you call? You were supposed to setup a callback and didn’t have to wait.

i did the call back but got this rep on the line he new I got hung up on so he like let me talk to the loyalty rep.  after about 10 min he like ok that going to be a 20 min wait. you have to do it I not going to. i am like ok its only 20 min.   1 h 30 min later and I am like F this I am done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

i did the call back but got this rep on the line he new I got hung up on so he like let me talk to the loyalty rep.  after about 10 min he like ok that going to be a 20 min wait. you have to do it I not going to. i am like ok its only 20 min.   1 h 30 min later and I am like F this I am done.

Koodo doesn’t have a specific loyalty department. The rep might just try to send you to higher level - which they might be busy (especially in the early afternoon) given a specific promotion. You should ask specific request with the 1st line rep first. He/she might know what is going on.

Anyway, another way is to contact them via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo/twitter.

Koodo doesn’t have a specific loyalty department. The rep might just try to send you to higher level - which they might be busy (especially in the early afternoon) given a specific promotion. You should ask specific request with the 1st line rep first. He/she might know what is going on.

Anyway, another way is to contact them via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo/twitter.

that's even worse the fact they called it a loyalty department and they don't even have one.  wow soo glad I have ordered the phone I wanted with the plan I wanted somewhere else the moment it gets to my door my koodo account is being canceled

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

that's even worse the fact they called it a loyalty department and they don't even have one.  wow soo glad I have ordered the phone I wanted with the plan I wanted somewhere else the moment it gets to my door my koodo account is being canceled

Well, loyalty is your word bringing to the rep. What Koodo rep saw was  another request from a customer demanding a special treatment. Someone can call it loyalty, others can call it manager approval request or whatever...

Anyway, as you already moved, Enjoy the new carrier, cheers!