Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Legacy BYOD 10% removed when buying outright with Positive Tab on website?

I'm currently on a legacy plan together with the BYOD 10% discount, with a positive tab. Tried checking out a phone outright on the website, it deducts the positive tab from the retail price correctly, but it still prompts me saying that my BYOD discount will be removed?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That's correct.

Koodo is switching over to their new Tab program where all plans are prices as 0 Tab (ie. includes the BYOD discount).

This means their system automatically removes this discount on grandfathere plans when Tab is used.  

It sucks in my opinion.  But that was Koodo's decision.  Im just happy you got a warning about it.
Dennis wrote:

That's correct.

Koodo is switching over to their new Tab program where all plans are prices as 0...

I guess they're taking every opportunity to get people off the old plans. But no way I'm giving up my plan, because reasons.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

That's correct.

Koodo is switching over to their new Tab program where all plans are prices as 0...

AFAIK, it is still possible to buy the phone outright and keep the 10% discount, but it must be done through the store. The website will not allow it.
Dennis wrote:

That's correct.

While deducting a positive tab?
Userlevel 3
Dennis wrote:

That's correct.

In order to keep your 10% discount, you will have to purchase the device from the manufacturer o from a non Koodo shop or retail partner as the system removes the discount since Koodo only offers SIM only tab if you purchase the phone at full price.
Dennis wrote:

That's correct.

That's what I generally do (not like Koodo sells the current Blackberries anyways), just that I have some referral credits sitting in my account and occasionally Koodo spams me via SMS about it, so thought I might get a spare phone.