Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo Tabs for worse for existing customers

Userlevel 2
Koodo has rejigged the tab plans but at the same messed up the existing customers. To give an example: Say you was looking for Samsung Galaxy S4 -before you could have the Samsung Galaxy S4 for $625. Now you will have to pay $725. So for existing customer the price has prejudice value of $100. On top, if you had a negative balance then not only you are not eligible for 15% upgrade. Worst part is Customer care is not aware and I had to educate a customer care person today about it. Now koodo is okay to write off balances for few customers if the agent is nice and if agent is bad then you will get told off! Koodo has messed up for existing Customers

55 replies

Userlevel 1
So, what's your question?
Userlevel 6
Starfox wrote:

You know, I'm reading the latest post of this thread, dated Aug 7th, 1AM EST, and Raza still hasn't mentioned what his/her question was. I'm starting to believe it looks more and more like trolling...
Userlevel 2
Starfox wrote:

Just read below|||
Userlevel 6
Starfox wrote:

Well Raza, absolutely nothing in your original post could have lead any of us to believe that the question would be "when is this gonna stop?"... Your post wasn't a question, it was a rant. It's ok to rant, but at least, when you label your post as a question, write the actual question at the end so people can start proposing answers.
Userlevel 2
Starfox wrote:

I was questioning specific koodo policies and standard of customer care. Why just term it rant? It was a question mate because called upon explanation of the policies & standard of Customer Care... Thanks
Userlevel 6
Starfox wrote:

Please re-read your original post Raza. There was no question asked in there. Starfox did not ask for nothing what your question was.
Userlevel 2
Starfox wrote:

and I did pose that question in response buddy
Userlevel 6
Starfox wrote:

In your response, yes, but the question was absent from the original post, that's what I'm trying to tell you.
Userlevel 2
When this will end if at all?
Userlevel 4
Raza1 wrote:

No one can answer that question as no one will know until the day it happens. Has this change affected you in any way?
Userlevel 2
Raza1 wrote:

Big way.. my plans got derailed. After reading the posts in this forum I can conclude that I'm not alone. End seems to be drawing towards cancelling the account since Koodo may have changed the strategy. More ads..less recommendations. if so then this post is another invain distress call from a sinking ship..
Badge +4
Raza1 wrote:

It's just a drill, stay tuned...
Userlevel 2
Raza1 wrote:

agree!
Userlevel 4
It's not a matter if the agent is nice or mean (hopefully nice all the time) it is a matter of wether or not the agent sees a reason to give an adjustment on the tab or bill. The meanest customer can call into a provider and if the account situation justifies a credit, one is given. I've declined credit towards customers both nice and not-so nice because the account history and situation wasn't justified.
Userlevel 6
Uhhhmmmm.....I think you are incorrect on a number of things. The S$ is $725 for everyone. The price went up equally for both existing and new customers. You are alos eligible for the 15% even with negative tab. It just that you need to upgrade to a new phone and have a minimum of $30 plan. Again it's the same for new and existing. Actually it's better for existing because the new plans are more expensive, so existing customers still get to keep old plans and have the 15% as well. Gotta check the facts first Raza. 🙂
Userlevel 2
Chris Petersens wrote:

Uhhhmmmm.....I think you are incorrect on a number of things. The S$ is $725 for everyone. The pr...

Actually I did check the facts and re-checked few minutes earlier. I'm eligible..and I made the call... yet it was calculated at 10% and still states 10%. New customers get $725 but old customers had privilege of $625. So if you are existing customer you wake up one day and now have to pay additional $100 without a warning that this is happening. Chris facts ain't get better than that .. are they?
Chris Petersens wrote:

Uhhhmmmm.....I think you are incorrect on a number of things. The S$ is $725 for everyone. The pr...

For existing customers, they can upgrade their phone and get the 15% for the tab contribution. The person who calculated it, did it wrong. And phone price changes all the time and without warning. It even states it in the ToS. It's just something that just happens
Userlevel 2
Chris Petersens wrote:

Do you know where to find this person? because that person is unavailable each time I ring. For Tos.. that makes difference between good company and a badly managed company. Thats what generates the recommedation... Thats where is edge is... If not that why koodo?
Chris Petersens wrote:

Find what person? You can't call agents individually. For the ToS, any and every service provider has that clause because it protects them against someon would try to take them to court over changing the price of the phone.
Userlevel 2
Chris Petersens wrote:

and I wasn't referring to an individual if you read back carefully
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

I'm not sure how existing customers could get the phone for $625 and new ones for $100 more. That would be blatant discrimination.
Userlevel 2
Chris Petersens wrote:

Protection is one thing but when protection becomes safety net then that means troble in corporate world mate....
Chris Petersens wrote:

Maybe type your paragraphs better so they are readable. It's difficult to cypher your paragraphs.
Userlevel 2
Chris Petersens wrote:

Ok we can have a grammer class instead of worrying about the problem in hand...
Chris Petersens wrote:

Can't have a discussion at all if nothing can be understood.