Koodo Community

Community

Koodo's existing custimer deals finally, but....

I have been giving feedback for years about giving existing customers deals on new phones instead of just new customers, so I'm extremely glad to see the recent promotion on phones that gave $100.00 towards the tab and some decent plan deals. So good job there I think you all should do it more often. It's why I haven't bought a phone for years.

The execution needs some work, I ordered a new phone with a new plan on the 23rd of august, received an email saying it was being verified. The plan/tab went into effect on the 25th.  On the 29th I still had not received a follow up email. So I emailed the web store to inquire about my order status and coincidentally around an hour later I had an email with the shipment info saying it had been shipped August 29th an hour after I emailed.

I did not however receive a reply to my inquiry. While I know it has shipped and I had tracking, you should still respond as a courtesy.

What I'm assuming happened was someone or something got messed up and the ball was dropped on it. It happens, most people understand that, but you should communicate it. Also, if it's not an issue of back order or something like that it should really be shipped as fast as possible to the destination.

Also, timing of events could be better. My plan had changed on  the 25th as well as the tab total. This shouldn't really happen until the phone is shipped. Or maybe at least the tab addition. I'm not sure how long or if I had not contacted koodo how long or if I would have gotten my new phone.

So good job, please keep valuing existing customers, I have been one for years and this is the first time I have gotten a deal on a new phone. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Reasea, thanks for the awesome feedback! Appreciate the time you took to post it here. Of late we have indeed been challenged in terms of delivery of some of our orders. We have been victims of our own success and underestimated the demand during an already busy back-to-school period. We should have additional staff to support in next couple of days and that should help smooth things out.
Hey, awesome, thanks for the reply!

I had an additional thought. In the verification email there could be a typical processing time to give people an idea of what is normal before inquiring about their order and to know when they should check on it.

Or maybe even adding in there may be some delay please contact us if you don't get a shipment confirmation email within <average time>. Something like that. 🙂

Good luck and hope it smooths out for you all! But glad to hear how successful the promotion is! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
reasea wrote:

I had an additional thought. In the verification email there...

You mean here?

Typically it's pretty quick that's why we felt there is no need. But seeing how backed up we are I will mention it to the team. 
reasea wrote:

Sorry, meant here 🙂 actual email Upgrade Order Confirmation. Order# - HFOxxxxxx

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
reasea wrote:

Got it! Let me talk to the team. Thanks again!