Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo recently applied a $50 tab credit to my account how does this work?

Hi everyone, 

I recently received a $50 tab credit that was applied to my account and also received a text from Koodo confirming they have applied it. I've been with Koodo for a few months now and haven't had any complaints with the service. I've checked the Koodo community forums here from time to time just to read other members inquiries. But this would be my first time posting a question. I'm a monthly user on a $45/month 1gb plan I brought my own phone in when I signed up with Koodo. My question is how does a $50 tab credit benefit me if I were to buy a new phone at a Koodo kiosk/store? can I apply that tab credit towards my monthly balance? 

any help would be appreciated. 

9 replies

Userlevel 3
You can only put it towards buying a new phone. Did the credit have an expiry? Wait for a good sale and if you could use or want a new phone buy it then. 
LairdC wrote:

You can only put it towards buying a new phone. Did the credit have an expiry? Wait for a good sa...

Good to know. So if I put the $50 credit towards buying a new phone am I able to pay the remaining amount for the phone in full rather then paying the tab balance? I'm not sure if I'm saying that correctly. The credit expires 2nd week of October. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LairdC wrote:

You can only put it towards buying a new phone. Did the credit have an expiry? Wait for a good sa...

So you want to know if you can apply 50$ on your next phone without paying the full amount on your tab? In others words, let's say you had a -150$ tab. You received 50$ therefore you're at -100$ tab. You want to know if you want to stay at -150$ tab and apply the 50$ to another phone?

If the credi has an expiry, I'm sure you could use it the way you want but if you need to pay your tab or not, this I don't know...
LairdC wrote:

Thanks Robert. Can I apply the same $50 credit to a new phone if I chose sim only for an pay the remaining retail price in full if so which kiosk/store locations in Toronto can you recommend or are the credits strictly for tab use?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LairdC wrote:

You brought your own phone in which means you have no negative tab, and you received $50 tab, correct? (You have positive $50 tab)

If you want to buy a $300 (example)phone, you can use $50 tab towards it.
So the phone cost you only $250. You can pay it outright if you don't want to use tab.

I never heard of your positive tab expire, you might want to ask store person about it when you at a store.

I don't know which part of Toronto you're going to, but I like Dufferin Mall location  :)
LairdC wrote:

Thanks Mayumi Yes I received a $50 tab credit. So let me get this right I can use my positive $50 tab towards a sim only phone with no tab and pay the difference correct?

I'll more then likely drop in to a local Koodo. maybe i'll visit the Dufferin Mall location as per your recommendation :D

yep there was an expiry date for the tab second week of October. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LairdC wrote:

Correct, you pay the difference.

I still not for sure about expiry date for the tab, but store rep might/should explain to you. (^_^)
LairdC wrote:

Can you purchase a PRE PAID phone with your koodo tab?

Userlevel 6
LairdC wrote:

Hey Monique! You can only use your Tab to upgrade the phone on the line that it's associated with. Hope this helps!