Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo new tab system

for the new koodo tab, koodo will contribute 15% from our monthly bill to pay off the tab AND NOW there will be a tab charge. Does anybody know if this is automatic every month? is it gonna be added on our monthly bill?

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Hey Jeremiah, For Tab M & Tab L, there is a tab charge. The charge is automatic and is applied onto the monthly bill. The charge will stop once the tab balance is out of the negative. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 6
Form what I gathered online, thre won't be a change to the basic tab. If you want a more expensive phone and you don't want to pay for it up front there will be a medium and a large tab now. You pay that back until you are done. So, it doesn't sound like a charge more like a financing thingy. Sort of like leasing a car.
Userlevel 7
1. The original Tab of $150 subsidy has been rebranded to Small Tab but is unchanged apart from the 15% contribution, which is pretty cool. There is no tab charge for taking this tier. You can pick any plan you want. 2. The Medium Tab is a $300 subsidy. 15% payback still in effect. There is a Tab charge of $5 on top of your rate plan. This is to ensure your Tab is done faster, as having it only at 15% would mean it could take forever to pay off. Minimum rate plan required is $30, if I'm not mistaken. 3. There's also a Large Tab of $500 off a device, which is awesome for stuff like the iPhone 5, Q10, and S4. Payback % is also 15, but there is a Tab charge of $10/month and the requirements are you must pick from one of the Large Tab plans and stay within those plans. - Tab charges are automatically applied onto your bill based on which tier you pick, before taxes (I assume). -Tab charges can not be removed until your Tab is paid for. - Any remaining negative Tab balance after 24 months is wiped. This is to ensure CRTC compliance.
Will current tab users on the $150 tab now have the 15% contribution or remain with the 10%? Or is this just for new users or current users that upgrade devices?
Userlevel 6
Shannon wrote:

Will current tab users on the $150 tab now have the 15% contribution or remain with the 10%? Or i...

You will only get the 15% once you upgrade to a new phone. But it's available to both existing and new customers.
good choice check fido. they are better than Koodo new tab system even though 2 or 3 yrs contract.
Userlevel 6
Parama Kal wrote:

good choice check fido. they are better than Koodo new tab system even though 2 or 3 yrs contract.

Maybe. Has anyone ran a spreadsheet to see if you are gonna be ahead at the end of 2 years? How much would you pay with koodo vs. fido?