Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo Mobile to undergo brand overhaul in April with new “Choose Happy” tagline

Userlevel 4
http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/03/25/koo... Say goodbye to Tabs and 10% BYOD discount

22 replies

Userlevel 5
If this whole article is true.. I know allot of people on KOODO who will not be happy with the whole contract thing , That's what made KOODO KOODO
Userlevel 6
HippieLongstocking wrote:

If this whole article is true.. I know allot of people on KOODO who will not be happy with the w...

What contract thing HappyLongStocking? 🙂 There is no contract or am I missing something?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If this whole article is true.. I know allot of people on KOODO who will not be happy with the w...

Near the end of the article RudyW
Userlevel 6

If the rumours are true (whole subsidy spread over 24 months added on top of plan), I think people will *finally* understand their bills. It's how T-Mo does subsidies now and it seems to do well for them too. I usually cringe when I hear changes are coming, but this time I think it's going to be okay. Then again, we were once told the new tabs would be awesome and then TabLarge was created, so......... the door's still open for surprises
Userlevel 6

Ok....read it. The article may reference it as contract but i don't see anything in there yet that fundamentally changes things. It doesn't sound like it is any more of a contract than the tab is today. You get a subsidy if you want but leave anytime you want as long as you pay off your tab. Doesn't sound like anything changes, all providers are under the new CRtC legislation of 24 months after all.
Userlevel 4

There will be no more tabs, the device cost will be broken down into 24 equal month payments. All plans will be BYOD, if you want a phone you will payfor it all your self either upfront or over 24 months.
Userlevel 6

Today BYOD plans come at a discount. If, as you say all plans are going to be BYOD then I would expect plans to drop in price as well, right?
Userlevel 4

From what's been said on other sites they will be marginally cheaper but not 10% cheaper
Userlevel 6

I guess.....it depends what they will do. It wouldn't make sense for them to use a percent drop (10 or otherwise). Their plan prices would look very odd. If they do cut prices as you suggested it should be a dollar figure. Depending on the amount the drop could more than 10% if you say you are a thirty dollar plan and less if you are on a seventy dollar plan. We shall see.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The "Tab" is a contract. Period.
Userlevel 6

Everything is a contract with your signature on it. That's the nature of signing anything.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1859065-Heads-up!-BIG-changes-are-coming-down-in-the-pipes-in-April If you are contemplating a change in plan, do it now to lock it in, then decide in your next billing period what the long term brings.
Userlevel 2
I would agree.. if you plan on getting a new phone this would be time to do it.
Userlevel 2
So what is the deal tomorrow. No more tabs KOODO. I think KOODO is thinking like TELUS. I hope people will not start switching from KOODO
Userlevel 7
PD wrote:

So what is the deal tomorrow. No more tabs KOODO. I think KOODO is thinking like TELUS. I h...

Wait until tomorrow and you'll find out.
Userlevel 6
PD wrote:

So what is the deal tomorrow. No more tabs KOODO. I think KOODO is thinking like TELUS. I h...

I doubt there is anything that is going to change tomorrow. Mobilesyrup article only suggested "April", not a specific date. If koodo picks April 1st to introduce this they deserve what maybe coming. Fool's day is no good date for anyone to be taken seriously. 🙂 Koodo store reps suggest changes to come towards the middle of the month.
Userlevel 2
Excited to find out what's in story..
Userlevel 4
http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/04/03/koodo-to-revamp-its-tab-system-swap-high-subsidies-for-better-transparency/ Some more details. You get up to $360 Tab (your choice) which you pay off over 2 years $15 a month. You will pay the rest of the device cost up front. Plans will be slightly cheaper.
Userlevel 1
It goes live april 19th i was told this at the store
Userlevel 4
Yeah the screen shot on Mobile Syrup showed April 19 Th as well.
Userlevel 1
Still under construction grr lol ....
Userlevel 3
Site still under construction but Koodo phones available at Best Buy have been updated. Phones that could be had yesterday on a $150 tab are now $168. Tab is reduced by a $7 per month tab charge paid by customer. Hope the plan costs have come down to reflect the lack of Koodo contribution.