Koodo Community

Koodo accidentally charged me two tabs for one phone.

• 29 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Okay so I bought a new phone online a few days ago, it should have been put through as an upgrade but for whatever reason it was added as a second line. I spoke to someone on the phone who said she would fix it and had me pay off my current tab ($40) and added $720 to the tab.

Now I've come to find out that they still activated the second line, so I now have two accounts. One with a tab balance of $720 and one with a tab balance of $920. It's obviously not going to be a big deal to just cancel one of the accounts once I get the new phone, but the problem is the tab charges. I've now been charged twice for one phone. I'm concerned that I'm not going to be able to get one of those wiped and will end up owing both for no reason. Of course I can't call Koodo right now because they're not 24 hours. Is there any chance they won't refund it or am I worrying about nothing?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You're worrying about nothing, although it's still odd that is how it happened. You have 15 days to return and a full refund if you meet the usage guidelines within that time. If you dont even use the second line / account at all you won't have issues. You can either continue to get resolution via the home or send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to get it sorted out.
Well, I tried to talk to koodo and they said they'd fixed it, then they transferred me to the webstore which is closed until after new years. I'm really unhappy and uncomfortable having two large tabs open like this, I sent them a facebook message and scheduled another call back but unfortunately its for hours later and I don't see any other way to get through. I am not happy about this.