Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Keeping old plan with 10% discount while using the new Regular Tab

Userlevel 4
So reading through the new Tab rules I came across some confusing answers that apply in this situation. If I have say a $55 plan with a 10% discount and want to get a regular TAB ($300), will my 10% discount disappear? Koodo FAQ's state you can keep your old plan and take out a regular TAB on a device. http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/the-tab-what-it-is-and-how-it-works/Can-I-keep-my-plan-when-I-upgrade-my-phone Can I keep my plan when I upgrade my phone? Yes, you can keep your plan when you upgrade, except when you upgrade to Tab Plus. With Tab Plus, you must choose a Tab Plus plan. So can I keep my old plan with the 10% discount in effect, and avail of a TAB of $300 towards a new phone.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Don't think you can upgrade your phone (on a tab), and keep the no tab discount.
Userlevel 6
You can keep your plan when you upgrade with a new phone. By the virtue of upgrading you are leaving the old system for the new system so 10% doesn't apply anymore
Userlevel 4
So it's cheaper for me to open a new line and port my number out and then back in..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Justin wrote:

So it's cheaper for me to open a new line and port my number out and then back in..

Why would you want to do that? Even then you won't qualify for the 10%. If you want the new plan, just call Koodo and ask them to change it.
Userlevel 6
Justin wrote:

If you're opening a new line it'll be a new account which means you'll be in the new system of no 10% discount for bringing your own phone