Koodo Community

Community

Question

Keep the same plan with a new phone

I want to get the LG G5 with a Tab Medium and it says online that plans start from $40/month. When I asked an employee at a Koodo shop, he said I could keep my current plan ($34/month) and still get the Tab Medium. However, I read that in order to upgrade to a new phone with Tab Medium, I need an eligible plan with Tab Medium (http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/the-tab-what-it-is-and-how-it-works/Can-I-keep-my-plan-when-I-upgrade-my-phone). What is the definite answer, is it possible to keep my current plan with a Tab Medium, or would I need to change my plan?

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You would need a new plan for Tab Medium, you can keep your plan with Tab Small or if you buy the phone outright. Currently Tab Small and Tab Medium will end up equalling the same amount after 2 years, ($360). $10×24=$240+$120=$360
S15×24=$360
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did your plan qualify for Tab Medium in the past?
Dennis wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean, but I never had a plan of $40+. I used to have a tab a long time ago, before they changed the policy and I already paid off my current phone, I haven't gotten a new phone since so it's been almost 4 years now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I believe that 4 years ago there was only 1 type of tab.  Which means your plan would only qualify for Tab Small