Koodo Community
Solved

Issues with spending limit program and upgrading my phone

• 3 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Very frustrated.
Despite receiving texts claiming my eligibility for some 'sweet deals' and also having the current promotions advertised to me on my self serve page,-now that i have decided to upgrade both my phone and my plan, I am being prevented from doing so.
I receive a message while trying to checkout, claiming suddenly that my profile is somehow ineligible. WTF. after a not small ammount of detective work, i have deduced that it is something to do with being on the old tab program and somehow being possibly part of the spending limit program. There seems to be very conflicting information and no solutions offered. I owe just $21 on my tab which i want to pay right now, but am also apparently ineligible to do this, due to this spending limit shenanigan. $21!!! a fraction of my monthly bill, thus making it impossible to complete purchase of new phone and plan upgrade.
the koodo assistant is sending me around in circles and seems to indicate that my account should have been forwarded into new tab system, and therefor not have any issues. I have been a customer for 2 years, have paid my first bill, my account is in good standing, i'm baffled and frustrated at this experience. koodo is about to lose a customer who is about to purchase a new phone and sign on for another 2 years.
Any help out there? this promotion expires today and with it my interest in putting anymore time into this.
icon

Best answer by Dennis 3 October 2018, 06:01

I recommend taking screenshots of all the promo info and pricing you are interested in before you lose it.
Then I recommend sending koodo a private message via Facebook or Twitter.

Tell them what happened plus how you called in and the rep gave you an explanation but did not correct the issue. Hopefully koodo will fix your issue plus Honor the promo.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Spending limit lasts about 6 months, if you've made all payments on time. As you've stated, you should have been migrated to the new tab system, but if you are being asked to move, just indicate yes.

Usually any Tab you want to pay out is just added to your next bill.

If it is not working for you, request a call back on the chat bot (at the Help link above). Once there, state "I want a call back", and choose 'Contact Us' from the link options presented by the Bot.
my phone is not really working super, thus my need to upgrade. I cannot get a callback. and i just want to pay my $21 before next month so that i can take part in the current phone and plan promotions. surely this should not be a difficult thing to accomplish and is only in the companies best interest. I can't believe how complicated this has become. boo koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I recommend taking screenshots of all the promo info and pricing you are interested in before you lose it.
Then I recommend sending koodo a private message via Facebook or Twitter.

Tell them what happened plus how you called in and the rep gave you an explanation but did not correct the issue. Hopefully koodo will fix your issue plus Honor the promo.