Koodo Community

Community

Solved

If I go with the tab plus plan can I at anytime payout my remaining tab and switch plans within Koodo?

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Yes, as long as you pay off Tab,. You can change plans
Spence wrote:

Thanks!
Spence wrote:

So if I buy a phone on the Tab plus, and then pay the Tab off completely a week later can I change from the Tab plus pricing to the BYOD pricing?
Userlevel 5
Spence wrote:

Not sure why you would do that?
Just go with the Regular plans to start with on the regular TAB. 
Spence wrote:

Because there are extra discounts buying a phone on the Tab plus
Spence wrote:

Just a data point: I signed up for tab plus a few days ago and when I try to pay off the tab a pop up message said that I could not with possible reason being 1) with the plan for less than 90 days or 2) that I have not paid the first bill (which at this point does not exist). So the plan to switch immediately is not possible.
Spence wrote:

Good to know, thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Spence wrote:

It's been mentioned in several threads.

I gather that there is some unstated 90-day policy regarding this. Probably that if some special offer .gift card, discount, etc) is offered, the customer is required to reimburse this fully in the event of cancellation within that time period. Not entirely unreasonable on Koodo's part.

Notice now that on the site some of the more expensive items are offered at full retail (no tab), big down payment + regular tab, then lower down payment + tab plus.