Koodo Community
Question

If i buy an unlocked phone and put my sim card of my current koodo phone in it will i have to pay off my tab or anything?

(empty)

16 replies

Userlevel 1
Your tab is only paid out when you cancel the account. You can switch phones as many times as you want without worry.
Your tab is only paid out when you cancel the account. You can switch phones as many times as you...So I could buy a Nexus 4 from Google Play and insert my sim card into that and it would not cost me anything?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Your tab is only paid out when you cancel the account. You can switch phones as many times as you...Correct... You are the one buying the phone, so on Koodo side you do not have to pay anything, and as long as you remain a customer, Koodo will continue paying your TAB with 10% of your bill...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your tab is only paid out when you cancel the account. You can switch phones as many times as you...You might need a new sim card though, I believe the nexus 4 takes a micro sim.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your tab is only paid out when you cancel the account. You can switch phones as many times as you...Also, just to avoid all misunderstanding: if you still have an open Tab on your [i]current phone, switching to a new phone will not eliminate the need to pay off the Tab for your old one 🙂 Not sure if that was brought out clearly so thought I'd mention it 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your tab is only paid out when you cancel the account. You can switch phones as many times as you...exactly as Sophia said, the tab is tied to the account not to the SIM Card or phone its self.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your tab is only paid out when you cancel the account. You can switch phones as many times as you...yup you can use whatever phone you want. But you still have to pay off your tab
Userlevel 1
Your tab is only paid out when you cancel the account. You can switch phones as many times as you...Not to knock Sophia, but why repeat what I already said?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your tab is only paid out when you cancel the account. You can switch phones as many times as you...You didn't say anything like Sophia did.
Userlevel 1
Your tab is only paid out when you cancel the account. You can switch phones as many times as you...Yeah, I did. She may have been more elaborate, but the main points she covered were exactly the same that I covered.
Userlevel 2
You can put your simcard into any unlocked phone as long as you have the proper APN settings and it works on the network. Your account is linked to your SIM card which carries your phone number and network. Not the phone. You will still build up tab credits every month just like you are now. You only ever pay off your remaining tab balance when you cancel your account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can put your simcard into any unlocked phone as long as you have the proper APN settings and ...You just repeated every single thing that every other person here already did you just collected them all into your post. There's no need to mirror answers that have already been given. The effort its self is greatly appreciated by the community however so keep answering questions if you have something on say that already hasn't been said by others or questions that have already been answered.
Userlevel 1
You can put your simcard into any unlocked phone as long as you have the proper APN settings and ...Actually, the part where she talks about the APN settings is very important though. One thing I found out, the Android APN settings that you find on Koodo's website apply to most non-Ios-Android-BB phones. I had a Sonim phone and the manufacturer said that the internet would not work on any other network but Bell as a provider. There I was with Koodo and using internet. ^^
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Everyone. I think a little repeating is ok. As a user of forums, I like it when I see when multiple people are agreeing to doing the same thing. Gives me more confidence in the answers and learning that this particular answer might be the standard practice. Just my 2¢'s
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Everyone. I think a little repeating is ok. As a user of forums, I like it when I see w...Just going by the way the forum has been run since the beginning, mirrored answers are not needed and you are to just press the good answer star if you agree that's how ppl know it's a good answer. After an answer gets 3 stars it is promoted to 5he top of the tread.