Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I'm already a customer, is upgrading and adding a tab considered a new activation and therefore qualifies for the $200 bonus gift?

I want a new phone and have a positive tab. I'm already a customer, is upgrading and adding a tab considered a new activation and therefore qualifies for the $200 bonus.gift?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
If you're adding a new line then yes. Otherwise it's not a new activation, it's an upgrade.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can try Bestbuy for Boxing Day perhaps since the flyer states new and renewal but they might claim it a mistake or something
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

You can try Bestbuy for Boxing Day perhaps since the flyer states new and renewal but they might ...

I upgraded/renewed my phone through BB before and I received BB.gift card 🙂

I would ask them if I can receive a GC for upgrade tho. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

You can try Bestbuy for Boxing Day perhaps since the flyer states new and renewal but they might ...

Last year they didn't do it for Koodo phones at least, sadly.
Goran wrote:

They may claim it a mistake but that would also be false advertisement... to increase customer flow...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

And I would insist for GC and they(BB in this case) should honor it.
Userlevel 6
Goran wrote:

some multi-brand retailers are offering bonus.gift cards or PC Plus Points on upgrades on only the S5 Neo and the iPhone 5s on Koodo.  Other phones, the GC's/Points are only on New Activations
Userlevel 6
Goran wrote:

YMMV, but you could call in and talk to loyalty to get some sort of deal to justify doing a HUP (Hardware Upgrade). Otherwise, the only way to take advantage of the.gift cards would be a NAC (new activation). Could port out to another carrier, then port back in. Hopefully loyalty will give you a good enough deal to prevent you from having to resort to that.