Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to use positive Tab with new plans?

I'm still trying to see how this new formats work. So if I had $100 in positive tab balance am I still able to deduct the price if I were to buy a phone outright? For example: LG G3 is $410-$100=$310 or will I have to go with the new Tab option that takes $360 off? And will you still accumulate positive tabs if you don't own anything or is that gone? Thanks for any answers.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Yes you can use your positive tab to reduce the price of a new phone. You will have to switch to one of the new plans. I think the only way you will get to collect positive tab now is by referring people to koodo. Although their refer-a-friend site seems to go through some updates now. http://koodoreferral.com/default.aspx
Userlevel 4
You can use your accumulated balance but after it is redeemed, you will no long collect a plosives balance after the tab is paid off. It will keep accumulating until $150,then you can use it plus the new $360 tab or portion of it if you wish.
Userlevel 7
RudyW wrote:

Yes you can use your positive tab to reduce the price of a new phone. You will have to switch to ...

Rudy where do you see existing customers need to choose a new plan with the new tab? I'm not seeing that.
Userlevel 4
RudyW wrote:

Yes you can use your positive tab to reduce the price of a new phone. You will have to switch to ...

If you want to use an existing, positive Tab balance to acquire a phone, you must chose one of the new plans. That's the rule as I have read it.
Userlevel 7
RudyW wrote:

That's not what I read / was told.
Userlevel 6
RudyW wrote:

@Chad I thought that was the whole thing, if you want to switch to the "new" tab you have to upgrade to the new plans.
Userlevel 7
RudyW wrote:

If you buy outright you can keep your plan. If you use the new tab you need a new plan.
Userlevel 6
RudyW wrote:

Hi Rudy, Chad is right! You can upgrade your phone with a New Tab and keep your old plan 🙂