Koodo Community
Question

How to buy a phone on tab from my residence province while away for the summer?

• 19 May 2019
  • 2 replies

I am a Quebec resident with a Quebec phone number and all, but I am currently working in Sudbury, Ontario for a school related summer job. I broke my current cellphone a few days ago (still works but sound and screen are somewhat broken), and instead of repairing my old Nexus 5 I wish to buy a new cellphone.

The problem is that Koodo does not ship anywhere else than your billing address (which is in Quebec), and the Ontario tab plans are quite different from the Quebec ones. How can I get a cellphone with the Quebec plans while in Ontario (I can't go back to Quebec until later this summer when I finish my summer job)?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They can only send your phone to your address. I don't think they can send to another one. You could try to change your address (and your credit card address to Ontario) and try to order.

Anotherway is to visit a store, giftcard or some other instore promotion might help to offset the $35 connection fee.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They can only send your phone to your address. I don't think they can send to another one. You could try to change your address (and your credit card address to Ontario) and try to order.

Anotherway is to visit a store, giftcard or some other instore promotion might help to offset the $35 connection fee.

If you can afford the cash or credit card outlay, buy a cell phone outright and pop your current SIM into it. You maintain same number, plan and tab as you have currently. If money is tight, look at Kijiji or buying a used unit locally. Upgrade at your leisure on your return to QC if you need the latest and greatest.