Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How long to pay the tab

If i get a tab now how long before i can pay it off? Is there a waiting period?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You pay an even amount for the next 24 months or you can decide to pay it off at any time you wish in one lump sum. To upgrade to a new device you will need to pay off your tab in full before doing so.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

You pay an even amount for the next 24 months or you can decide to pay it off at any time you wis...

Read in an earlier post today that you have to wait 90 days before being able to clear your tab in one lump sum. Probably a reaction to folks buying certain gear with heavy activation credits and then flying the coop to another supplier.

Maybe you could use your contacts to clarify with Koodo this is now an official policy.

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/seasonal-hold-options-with-new-phone-tab-plus

Cornfed 10 post near the end.

It might also be a different story if you are clearing one tab to take on another for a different phone while maintaining your account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You pay an even amount for the next 24 months or you can decide to pay it off at any time you wis...

Yes you are correct Bob, must be one of the many things that have changed that I missed. Customers will not have the option to pay off their Tab in any channel if: they have less than 3 months tenure they never made a payment their accounts is delinquent or suspended for non-payment
Userlevel 7

I recently got a tab-subsidized phone and was able to pay it off right away the next month. So only brand new customers won't be able to pay it off right away.
How can I tell which tab do I have?  On my bill?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes! On self-serve