Koodo Community

Community

How do I switch from pre paid to a monthly customer?

I'm currently a pre paid customer and I would like to get a tab and the best data package available.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Best thing is visit a Koodo store, Rebecca. They will discuss with you what is the best plan and port over your prepaid number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They will run a credit check when you sign up for postpaid/monthly plan.
Don't forget bring proper ID when you go to a store.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just go to Koodo and sign up for a new account and port over your Koodo prepaid number. It's like porting in from a different carrier. Also, you can go online and apply for postpaid service, you'll need a new sim as the prepaid sims are only good for prepaid

If you go in-store don't forget bring proper ID for the credit check.

If you're keeping your number you can set everything up right online. Just keep your prepaid service active so you can port the number over to the new sim. You can still use the same phone too!

Switching in either direction is like moving to a completely different company. The SIMS won't work, you will lose whatever investment you have in minutes, tab, etc. Your self-serve become historical and you have to re-register all over again. So best to do it when you've just about exhausted your account. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Just go to Koodo and sign up for a new account and port over your Koodo prepaid number. It's like...

Pay special attention to Robert's last paragraph. Get your account balance to zero and use up all your boosters.