Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How can I tell if I have a positive tab? If I do, can I put it towards buying a new phone?

I believe I am presently on a "medium" tab. Once I pay off my phone, I keep paying the extra $5/month, and I start accumulating a positive tab, right? So can I use that positive tab to help buy a new phone?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Elissa,

When your tab balance reaches $0 your tab charge automatically removes itself. Then when it starts paying into the positive tab Koodo will still continue to take 15% of your monthly plan and throw it into the positive tab for you. Also at that point you would have the option of choosing the No Tab discount which takes 10% off your monthly plan. In answer to your question if you have a positive tab balance it can be used towards the retail price of the phone you choose to upgrade to.

Hope that helps 🙂
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Hi Elissa,

When your tab balance reaches $0 your tab charge automatically removes itself. Then...

Note: Also if you want to check your tab balance, just log into your self serve account and click on the Koodo Tab section and it will tell you your exact tab balance.
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Hi Elissa,

When your tab balance reaches $0 your tab charge automatically removes itself. Then...

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your reply. Do you also happen to know the answer to the following? If I get a new phone (and bring in my old phone), but keep the same plan, do I get 10% off my monthly bill? If not, what are the conditions?
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Hi Elissa,

No problem at all. 🙂 sorry for the late reply! Unless you choose the No Tab option (paying full price for the phone - the credit that Koodo would offer) when purchasing a new phone you don't qualify for the discount. Hope that helps.