Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Have negative tab now but wanting to buy a new phone

I have -$75 on my tab, but am going to purchase a new phone due to irreparable damage to my current phone. Do I have to clear my negative tab right now to get a new phone on tab? Or do I have the option to just add the new tab of my phone to my current negative tab? I went to a cell shop and they told me I must clear my previous tab before getting a new phone, but I read otherwise on this forum. Second question: One koodo mobile staff told me that after I pay the $75 to clear my negative tab, I will have $75 free credit to use towards my new phone. ie., if I purchase a new phone with originally a $150 tab, I can actually get it with only $75 on my tab. That seems almost too good to be true so I just wanted to confirm
icon

Best answer by Paul Deschamps 4 August 2013, 04:04

You can't pay off your tab without cancelling your account. So you have - $75 on your tab right now right, so you'd have $75 to use on a small tab then you'd be owing the max $150 on the tab. Your other option if you have a plan that costs $30 or more is the medium Tab which you'd have $225 to use on a medium Tab. If you choose a medium Tab you will have a $5 a month tab charge added to your bill each month to help pay off your tab and koodo will Co tribute 15%. The Last option is a Large tab which you'd have $425 to use but you have to get a tab large plan. With the tab large you would have a $10 a month charge added to your bill each month for the next 2 years & again Koodo would contribute 15% towards your tab. No matter what tab you choose it is guaranteed to be paid off in 2 years.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can't pay off your tab without cancelling your account. So you have - $75 on your tab right now right, so you'd have $75 to use on a small tab then you'd be owing the max $150 on the tab. Your other option if you have a plan that costs $30 or more is the medium Tab which you'd have $225 to use on a medium Tab. If you choose a medium Tab you will have a $5 a month tab charge added to your bill each month to help pay off your tab and koodo will Co tribute 15%. The Last option is a Large tab which you'd have $425 to use but you have to get a tab large plan. With the tab large you would have a $10 a month charge added to your bill each month for the next 2 years & again Koodo would contribute 15% towards your tab. No matter what tab you choose it is guaranteed to be paid off in 2 years.