Koodo Community

Community

Get the HTC ONE koodo

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
HTC just launched the HTC ONE & it is amazing, The look, the features & best build quality available with its 1piece solid aluminum body. . The price has yet to be announced but if Koodo has the opportunity to bring it to their lineup it's an opportunity to not be missed. Here's a pic of the new HTC ONE & the specs list for those who haven't heard yet. Size: 9.3mm thick, 137.4mm long, 68.2mm wide Weight: 143g CPU: Snapdragon 600, quad-core, clocked at 1.7Ghz GPU: Adreno 320 RAM: 2GB Storage: 32GB/64GB, no microSD card slot Display: 4.7-inch Super LCD 3, full HD 1980 x 1080 resolution, 468ppi Rear camera: 4 Ultrapixels, OIS, HDR video, ImageChip 2 Front camera: 2.1 MP, 1080p recording Connectivity: LTE/3G, Bluetooth 4, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, DLNA, MHL Sensors: GPS&GLONASS, Infrared blaster, NFC Battery: 2300mAh Operating system: Android 4.1.2, Sense 5 and BlinkFeed Sim card: microSIM

123 replies

Userlevel 7
Who knows, Koodo could already be one step ahead 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

That would be incredible, this phone has it all & if it can't get HTC out of their troubles then nothing can.
Ahmad wrote:

I WANT THE HTC ONE WITH KOODO!!!! BEST CARRIER, SO PLEASE, GET IT!!
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

HTC one how to expand the memory
Userlevel 6
468 PPI.... shut up and take my money.... now!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

so much for Apple having the best display, even though it's probably built from the same technology as the retina display. HTC's deal with Apple could very well be the best thing to ever happen to HTC.
Userlevel 2

This is a beast of a phone. I'm not sure Koodo will bother though, it's going to be very expensive and we all know how Koodo love to proclaim themselves a "value" brand. It's £510 sim free in the UK, which would put it around $790 Canadian, making it easily the most expensive phone on Koodo if they brought it in. Also, by carrying the S3, one would hope that means the S4 will be carried as well. So that would be 2 android phones with $700+ price tags on a "value" carrier.........I think they'll do one or the other, probably not both. But who knows.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo seems to sell a few devices at a lower price than everyone else so who knows maybe we could get lucky. Fingers crossed. I know there is going to be alot off ppl looking to get this device as many complain about Samsung's plastic build & I'm sure the Galaxy S4 isn't going to stray from the plastic build Samsung is known for. If they could lower the price below everybody else then they could draw alot of ppl to Koodo with this phone, especially iPhone users looking to switch to Android I think. I'm loving the amplified dual frontal boomsound speakers which I've been wanting someone to put on a device for years now. I've always hated sense but this new sense 5 is amazing looking with some great features like the agitated news feed on the home screen (blinkfeed) I can't see anything bad about the ONE at all which I've only had happen with the Galaxy Note 2
Userlevel 1

Didn't most reviewers say that its battery life was a little left to be desired ? I kind of have a problem with phones you cannot change the battery yourself. This is where the S4 and Note 2 get the edge imo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

GSMarena gave it a 48h endurance rating. The S4 got a 63h rating. But, the One can give you 9:58 of web browsing versus the 8:42 of the S4. This beats even the iPhone 5 and the RAZR MAXX. Talk time and video playback is on par with the S4. The main difference is that the S4 is more efficient in idle, while the One is way more efficient when in use. My phone is always in use, so my vote goes to the One.
I read the review for it yesterday and this thing is a masterpiece. It is definitely a toy for the big boys. I love the design and how its edge to edge, kinda icky about the name of the sound technology, SoundBoom. It's like a cheesy Sony boombox name. None the less once I hear it I'm sure I'll be pleasantly surprised. 4.7Inch Screen..."My iPhone 5 is too big for my skinny jeans." Think of how you're gonna fit this. If the iPhone is only 4inch. 4.5 GS3 is already a hassle lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN2WzQzxuoA
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
- wrote:

I read the review for it yesterday and this thing is a masterpiece. It is definitely a toy for th...

Very easy solution, stop wearing skinny jeans they look terrible on everybody. It's a fashion that should have never came about. I don't know how anyone can even wear skinny jeans, heck I can't even wear any under ware that's not boxers because it's grabbing my junk. I don't understand how you can be comfortable. I have no issues fitting my Note 2 in my jeans & they're normal fitting jeans, you sure your wearing skinny jeans & not spandex lol
- wrote:

I read the review for it yesterday and this thing is a masterpiece. It is definitely a toy for th...

LOLOLOL
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
- wrote:

And here I was thinking that I'll never know what kind of underwear KID ANDROID prefers...
Badge +4
Move over Samsung and iPhone, it appears as though HTC is shifting the spotlight away from the usual runner ups with a REAL powerhouse. I received the sneak peak email a day or so ago as I've owned several HTC devices in the past. Have to say the tech spec lineup is impressive. Be interesting to hear how the SoundBoom amplified speaker system works and to see the 4 ultra-pixel camera in action. I've always liked having the microSD card slot, but with 64 gigs of storage there's more than enough storage space for apps, music, photos, etc. Maybe Koodo will go with the HTC One X +, a slimmed down version of the HTC One http://www.htc.com/ca/smartphones/htc-one-x-plus/#specs Equally impressive, but with a few less features than that of the HTC One.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Move over Samsung and iPhone, it appears as though HTC is shifting the spotlight away from the us...

If they couldn't get the HTC ONE then definitely the HTC ONE X+ is a really good phone also, I love the Tegra processors & the added graphics boosts you get as well as the Tegra Zone Games & actually even more games because the HTC ONE X+ is playstation mobile certified. I wouldn't mind seeing it in Koodos lineup either for sure.
Userlevel 6
rikkster wrote:

Move over Samsung and iPhone, it appears as though HTC is shifting the spotlight away from the us...

It could very well happen. Look what happened with the S2X. Hardly a seller at Telus for $600. Throw overstock to Koodo, slash price in half: boom, instant hit! Now I see Telus has the OneX+ and rumors have it that it doesn't sell as well as they hoped for... :oD
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking, I think it would be a huge hit for Koodo if they got Telus stock & slashed the price.
Userlevel 6
Above everything else, HTC, of all manufacturers, finally got it right and delivered a 64GB version! 1) Do we need 64GB in a phone? No. 2) Do we like having 64GB in a phone? OMG Yes! 3) Are we willing to pay the price difference? Take my money! That, and 468 PPI seal the deal for me. If 'one' (pun intended) comes in my line of sight and carries a "for sale" sticker, it's an instant buy. Guaranteed.
Userlevel 4

Above everything else, HTC, of all manufacturers, finally got it right and delivered a 64GB versi...

This made me smirk. You are probably right, we don't need 64GB in a phone. But let me tell you, going from a fixed 16GB in an Galaxy Nexus (usable was really 13GB), to a Z10 with 16GB+64GB, those 80GB feels like a breath of fresh air. No longer having to plug my phone in every 2 weeks and figuring out what to delete...and that was with Dropbox auto-syncing photos.
Very Nice, have to see how it will compete with the S4
It won't sell, HTC doesn't have the name recognition to get people to spend $500 with a tab. Doesn't even matter if it'll end up being better than the S4 or not, it's a better idea for Koodo to wait for that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Josh Phillip wrote:

It won't sell, HTC doesn't have the name recognition to get people to spend $500 with a tab. Does...

It has a great name & from reading Koodos forum & Facebook many ppl buy their cellphone from the look of it which is why so many ppl seem to buy the HTC ONE V (which I thinks ugly personally). Alot of ppl who buy Apple phones say they do because of the build quality which isn't near as good as this phone. There are plenty of ppl that don't like Samsung's plastic build but they are left with only the Galaxy S3 as a choice of high end Android phone. I personally like the Galaxy S3 but you can't say you wouldn't rather have an aluminum phone that has actually been built right & not painted where the paint can scratch & knick off leaving the phone terrible looking like the iPhone 5 does after a few months. It has everything anyone could want in a phone & I guarantee its going to be one of the top phones of 2013.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Josh Phillip wrote:

It won't sell, HTC doesn't have the name recognition to get people to spend $500 with a tab. Does...

How do you know what the build quality of this phone is? Have you held one?
Josh Phillip wrote:

The only thing that I am not a fan of with this phone, and this is just from some youtube drop test videos I have seen of the HTC One, is that the front grills for the speakers fall off if dropped from a decent height. It would be better if the grills were also apart of the unibody frame.