Koodo Community
Solved

frontline workers

• 28 April 2020
  • 4 replies

So I saw a story today Koodo, about how your letting frontline workers have two months of relief on their bills. Then I noticed that it was for frontline at select hospitals. How disgusting. I’ve been a customer with you for many years, and currently have three phones with you…..I have been frontline for 18 years, and just because I do t work at “a select hospital” doesn’t mean the rest of your customers should be treated didifferent because we don’t work in a hospital. How very un-Canadian. Have to say I’m gonna make sure I select a better more empathetic “phone” company. Nicole

icon

Best answer by Sophia 28 April 2020, 21:11

Noted…. it’s “disgusting” that Koodo decided to join in with a charity project. I’m sure they will think twice next time with responses like that...

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately they're only willing to go as far as 14 hospitals. I personally know the stats of how overwhelmed hospitals are before the pandemic hit, let alone now. However, corporate charity always has its limits and this is Telus’s. There aren't any other major cellular companies that are more empathic, FYI. Any differences are minor and turn out a wash. At the end of the day go with what fit bests for you at the best price.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Wow. You call this action "disgusting" ? because Koodo only treat selected hospital? 

They don't have to do that.  It might be  small charity for them, but they did it ant I thought it was good for them. It's always better than nothing.

Im working for public and serving essential needs for vulnerable people every day. I know I'm not front line worker...   I have 4 lines with Koodo since 2008, but I don't complaint Koodo don't give me any break on my bill. 

"Have to say I’m gonna make sure I select a better more empathetic “phone” company. "

It's better you go with the company that make you happy, not disgust.  Good luck.

​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Noted…. it’s “disgusting” that Koodo decided to join in with a charity project. I’m sure they will think twice next time with responses like that...

Then is it “disgusting” that some people will donate/help some people in need, but not ALL? Any appreciation or assistance should be respected and appreciated… It is upto them to decide who to donate or assist. .. Honestly I would appreciate anything to anyone that they are willing to donate, because as a health care provider, we work and make money. They are actually losing money here, but decides to help out with within their capacity… Did you expect them to go bankrupt out of good heart, which will make their employees lose their jobs? Please be considerate. It’s not a mandatory or expectation that they help. But they still did. And that’s what’s important.