Koodo Community

Community

Question

end of the contractless bill?

So now that Koodo no longer offers the good tab (putting 10 or 15% of your bill towards a new phone) are they gearing towards the end of their contract-less bill? That was one of the main reasons I migrated to Koodo. But with all new customers not getting this tab option, once they are with them for a couple years and their phone dies and/or they want to upgrade their options are limited. Buy a phone outright to continue using their service, or take a crappier plan to get a slight deal on a two year tab.
Why would anyone recently new customers in their right mind stay with them anymore. All of their plans suck bigtime compared to even a couple years ago. All of their packages are now very comparable to those of the soulless big companies. [b]BUT AT LEAST YOU GET A NEW PHONE WITH OTHER COMPANIES EVERY COUPLE YEARS. WHAT IS KOODO'S PLAN TO COMBAT THIS?! Seems pretty clear that they are forcing people off of their sweet plans (I have the super 6, 6GB, 60$/month) So my option, pay for a new phone whenever I want/need an upgrade. Jump ship to get a new phone and pay 100$ for the same plan, with Koodo or any other provider.
Love the service, hate your direction

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You are free to keep your plan and get the new Tab (which is basically a free loan) or you can buy the phone outright.

You can also leave if you want.  But good luck getting a plan like that again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
See I agree with you here, I don't see what the incentive is to be with koodo with the customer paying the full price of their device and the plans that supposedly have the old discounts built in well they just don't. Koodo is pricing themselves like a premium brand but without premium features it doesn't make much sense does it SMH. There must be enough ppl that are not questioning things to keep Koodo going is the only conclusion I can come up with. Ppl must think that since Koodo was so great before then they must still be great compared to other carriers, there are a lot of zombies out there that just can't think for themselves..... Or do math lol.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

See I agree with you here, I don't see what the incentive is to be with koodo with the customer p...

A lot of people cannot do math.  It's shocking
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

See I agree with you here, I don't see what the incentive is to be with koodo with the customer p...

It's not even math, it's arithmetic, coupled with good old fashioned laziness.