Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does starting a new TabSmall make me lose my current data/calling plan?

I have a sick data/callaing package on my current plan. Im happy with my bills. Unlimited canada-wide anytime calling unlimited text/vid messaging including international texts received in Canada AND 2Gb data for 60 bucks and any data overages are $5/500Mb similar plan now $62 has UP TO 2.5 GB and Additional data $5/250 MB Now; My tab finally has a positive balance...My first 2Y/O Crap phone (galaxy ace) is paid off. I want a new phone,however I don't want any changes to my plan. And finally my question is; If I start a new Tab Small for a phone valued under the 150 dollar mark will I still be forced to start a new data/calling plan thus losing my current awesome data/calling package? I see your tricks Koodo... I like you guys don't make me a koodo hater! Followup question to follow.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can get a tab small with any Koodo plan. There is no need to change it.
Userlevel 7
You could even take tab medium (300$) and not have to change from that plan. It'd add 5$ per month for a tab charge however.
really 🙂 yay!
so I can add up to $150 (plus my positive balance) to my tab or start a tab medium with no change to my data or calling and at most 5 dollars more for a med tab?
Userlevel 7
Shambha Burning Crawfy MacLeay wrote:

so I can add up to $150 (plus my positive balance) to my tab or start a tab medium with no change...

As long as your plan is 30$ or more (yours is 60$) you can keep your plan and use tab medium. You may also use whatever positive tab you have built up. No tricks.

so I can add up to $150 (plus my positive balance) to my tab or start a tab medium with no change...

SWEET!
Userlevel 7

I know! It's awesome! Go get a new phone now please. Someone would have to pay me to use an Ace.
Userlevel 1

Get the Motor G through Mobile Shop and make money doing it!
Userlevel 7

Gift cards are gone on the Moto G and this would be a Tab redemption so there are no.gift cards either way.
Userlevel 1

Partial tab redemption. So partial redemption also disqualifies.gift Card Use?
Userlevel 7

Yes. Like I said, either way, there's no.gift cards on the Moto G at all anyway.

Wanted an iPhone but tab medium would only get me a 4s 8Gb (8gb is barely enough for my social media/picture edit apps) so I got a Galaxy s3 🙂 16Gb and expandable with acmicro Sd and I got to keep my plan... bill is +$5/month for the tab medium. Totally worth it! Im so stoked.... keys big enough for my monkey man ape fingers to mash the right keys. Thanks for the help 😉 still so happy with koodo! Nothing like the unbridled assault/rape of having a rogers contract. Keep it up.
Userlevel 1

Good call Shambha! Galaxy s3 is a Great Phone and sweet deal from the Best Company, Koodo!
Userlevel 7

We've been burning through S IIIs on Koodo like a buy one jar, get one jar free Nutella sale. Seriously. 2 years later and the thing is still selling!