Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does my Canada-Wide 6GB plan qualify for a -360 tab?

I have a plan I signed up for back in 2012 that I absolutely love. I was able to keep this plan, go on a Tab Medium ($300) in 2014 which resulted in a $5.00 charge on my bill. 

Once I pay off this tab, am I allowed to put $360 on my Tab while keeping my 2012 plan?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, you can keep your plan 🙂
And your tab charge will be $15/mo for next 24 months.
Thanks for your prompt response! Yikes, this new tab system is not worth it. A $10 dollar increase on my bill for 2 years just for a $60 increase on my tab, and nothing to come out of Koodo rewarding 15% of my plan back to pay off the tab.
Userlevel 7
Lindsay wrote:

Thanks for your prompt response! Yikes, this new tab system is not worth it. A $10 dollar increas...

Yeah but your plan will never be beat at this point because nobody has 6GB anywhere close to that price. I pay $99 for it on Rogers with approx $20 going towards a device each month. You're welcome to just purchase the device straight up from Koodo as well.
Lindsay wrote:

Thanks for your prompt response! Yikes, this new tab system is not worth it. A $10 dollar increas...

I think the best option is to buy the phone out and either start positive tab for my next device or get a tab discount, if both options still exists. I'm looking at value rather than comparative costs. Better benefits come from paying off a $300 tab through a $5 monthly charge and percentage contribution rewarded back, than switching to this new $360 tab which requires a $15 monthly charge and not percentage reward. In the former I'm paying $5 for a $15 tab pay off, in the latter I'm paying $25 for a $15 tab pay off (I lose about $10 a month without Koodo rewarding me back 15% of my plan). You're not wrong though, any plan that wants 6GB will cost $100+.