Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does adding an additional line involve a credit check?

I already have a postpaid line with Koodo. If I add an additional line with a tab, would a credit check (more specifically, a hard credit check) be performed? Additionally, how many lines can you have in one account?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't think koodo does a hard credit check even when you sign up for service, but in any case one you have an account there should be no additional credit check required to add another line. You can have up to three lines in the first three months, and up to five lines thereafter. This assumes, of course, that you do not have a spending cap on your account and that you actually qualify to add additional lines.
Userlevel 7
I don't think it's a hard check. I'm pretty sure it's only soft. They already allowed you into the company so adding a line shouldn't be an issue. The basic requirements are you can't be past due with your current line and you can't be on spending limit program. Your can have up to 3 lines for the first 90 days an account is open, and a max of 5 after that.
Thanks for the replies. According to Equifax, it was a hard check when I first opened the account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
alanchau wrote:

Thanks for the replies. According to Equifax, it was a hard check when I first opened the account.

Indeed it's a hard check we do at the time of sign up Alan. For adding a line if you already have made payment towards the existing one there isn't another credit check done.