Koodo Community
Question

Do the new lightweight plans ($45/1gb til May 3rd), do they include the 10% off no tab discount? Or would the plan then become $40.50?

Do the new lightweight plans ($45 for 1GB promo until May 3rd), do they include the 10% off no tab discount? Or would the plan then become $40.50?

15 replies

Userlevel 2
Getting the new plans will requiring switching over to the new tab system which no longer offers 10% no tab Discount. Which means it's going to be 45$
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
All new plans already have the no tab discount included in them.
Do you have to go in store to change to the new plans? I am currently on a sim only plan with the 10% discount. I tried to change plans online but it says check new plans in store with new upgrade. Do i have to upgrade my phone? Can I just change to a new plan since I do not have a tab? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have to go in store to change to the new plans? I am currently on a sim only plan with the...No you do not have to go in store. You can call koodo as well. And no you dont need to upgrade your phone. As long as you have no tab you can go on the new plan Dial 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636). Hours of operation (Eastern Standard Time): Monday − Friday: 9am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Do you have to go in store to change to the new plans? I am currently on a sim only plan with the...Thanks dennis just made the change. you may need to wait it out for a while on hold as they make sure the agent can do it. Just a warning.
Do you have to go in store to change to the new plans? I am currently on a sim only plan with the...I see koodo going to the crapper now tgatbtey changed the tab An charge us more I'm definitely going yo be looking at other providers koodo has sold out like the big guys its not about the customers its MONEY all they care about
Do you have to go in store to change to the new plans? I am currently on a sim only plan with the...I agree the prices did go up. If you can afford to buy an unlocked phone the $45 promo no tab, is better than any of the previous plans
Do you have to go in store to change to the new plans? I am currently on a sim only plan with the...Unless I'm missing something, there are also no real incentives in getting the phones from Koodo anymore. For example, the iphones 5s and 6 are the same price (if not a few $ more) than if you buy them directly from Apple. While you get to spread out the payments over a couple of years, you still end up with a locked phone after that period...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have to go in store to change to the new plans? I am currently on a sim only plan with the...There were never any real incentives to get a phone from a provider. You were always better off shopping elsewhere for a phone and going with a SIM-only plan, or a prepaid plan. It's just much more obvious now.
Do you have to go in store to change to the new plans? I am currently on a sim only plan with the...I agree. Plans are great if you byod. You were always losing money if you subsidized a phone. Personally I would not buy a new phone from KOODO anymore after the change. Just buy it unlocked same price.
Userlevel 1
Do you have to go in store to change to the new plans? I am currently on a sim only plan with the...You are STILL advantages to going with Koodo, though they are fewer than what they used to be... -You STILL have no contracts -If you are on the new plans you are STILL able to change them once a month if you wish. -If you are on the new plans, it will be an excellent price compared to the competition once the tab is paid off. -If you're on Prepaid, you still have a great system there! -Between this amazingly helpful forum, awesome staff at stores and kiosks, and generally wonderful customer service staff on the phone, you will be with a company that genuinely cares about your wellbeing as a Koodo customer. We're not "Canada's most recommended cell phone company" for nothing! There are probably a couple other things I've forgotten, I'm sure others on this forum with chime in.
Userlevel 3
If you have the cash up front of course getting an unlocked phone from Apple is the way to go. However if you don't have the cash Koodo is offering a great deal which is basically an interest free loan. I like that the cost of the phone is now "debundled" from the cost of service. This is much more transparent and will finally make people realize the true cost of their phone. The fact that the hardware cost has been hidden is what has resulted in $1000 cell phones in my opinion!
If you have the cash up front of course getting an unlocked phone from Apple is the way to go. H...That seems to sum things up great response! 🙂
If you have the cash up front of course getting an unlocked phone from Apple is the way to go. H...It's not EXACTLY loan free. Yes, they are being more transparent in how they charge for the exact cost of the phone over time, but if you are getting a phone on the Tab Plus (such as the iPhone 6, for example) you could well be getting an identical set of features to some of the lightweight plans, but for around $20 more each month. This can add up to an extra $480 over the course of the 24-month payment of your phone, in addition to the cost of your phone.
If you have the cash up front of course getting an unlocked phone from Apple is the way to go. H...Sorry, not loan free, **interest free** is what I meant to say. Which is ultimately to say that Beverly is correct when she says that getting an unlocked iPhone from Apple is probably the way to go.