Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Do I need to switch my current plan in order to get a new phone on tab even if I pay my current tab balance off??

17 replies

Reason why I'm asking this, is because when I signed up to koodo I ended up with a very good plan, probably the second best plan I've ever been offered, and I was led to believe in order to upgrade just my device all I had to do was pay off my tab and start a new tab on what i presumed was the same plan, as there was no mention of having to change plans in order to do this. I recently stopped into a telus/koodo store in Halifax and was told otherwise. However when I log onto the koodo website and choose the phone I want, it only States that I agree to pay off the remaining tab of my current device on my next bill. Now i havnt gone past this point so I have no idea if I have to select a new plan after I agree to this, mainly because the plans being offered right now are not near as good as what I have, and I'm more than happy with what I have, and I'm afraid if I accept and move past that point I'm going to loose it. And the whole reason for upgrading my device is because the screen is spiderwebbed badly and it will cost more to replace the screen than to pay off the tab.
Ryan Mcdonald wrote:

Reason why I'm asking this, is because when I signed up to koodo I ended up with a very good pla...

You can call customer service and see what they can do for you 🙂
Ryan Mcdonald wrote:

Reason why I'm asking this, is because when I signed up to koodo I ended up with a very good pla...

That's my next step, I've been meaning to since I went into the store and found that out, unfortunately things have been so busy I keep forgetting or can't find the time to do so. Hoping maybe someone on here has an idea or a koodo rep/employee sees this and can answer me.
Ryan Mcdonald wrote:

Definitely. Koodo care has the answer for you 🙂 I am one of them 😛
Userlevel 7
No need to call in You can keep your plan as long as you aren't using tab plus to upgrade. And the value of your current plan is at least 30$
Not entirely sure what tab plus is, I've only been with koodo for about a year, and my plan is 45 a month. So assuming it's not tab plus I'm upgrading with, I should be able to upgrade and keep my plan?
Userlevel 7
Ryan Mcdonald wrote:

Not entirely sure what tab plus is, I've only been with koodo for about a year, and my plan is 45...

Your plan is 45$ per month plus a tab charge. Koodo originally loaned you up to 360$ (regular tab) for your phone or they loaned you361 - 500$ (tab plus) towards your phone. Assuming you're on a regular tab, you should be able to keep your plan unless you decide to use tab plus to finance your new phone.
Ryan Mcdonald wrote:

Not entirely sure what tab plus is, I've only been with koodo for about a year, and my plan is 45...

The best option would be to call in Customer service, tbh. They can advise you.

Userlevel 7
Ryan Mcdonald wrote:

check self serve and see what plan your on. Tab plus plans will actually say tab plus in the name.
Ryan Mcdonald wrote:

Thank you for the help Chad, and actually I ended up just finding it in black and white on the site what you just told me. Obviously those in the store I went into are unaware or just blatently lied and tried to upsell for commission.
Userlevel 7
Ryan Mcdonald wrote:

Glad you found an answer.
Ryan Mcdonald wrote:

And if anyone from koodo would like to educate this store, it was the store in the parklane mall on spring garden Rd, Halifax n.s, as I was considering starting to shop around if that was going to be the case. I have to admit though it would have to be a smoking deal to leave koodo, iv e had nothing but positive experiences especially with customer service since I've joined!
Userlevel 5
Ryan Mcdonald wrote:

Hey Ryan! Do you remember the name of the agent who assisted you? We'd like to send your feedback to the store's manager.
Ryan Mcdonald wrote:

Unfortunately I didn't take a name but it was a female in her early to mid 20s and it happened Saturday the 30 of April, and it was close to closing time apparently, as when I walked by the store to leave the mall they had closed up.
Userlevel 5
Ryan Mcdonald wrote:

That's okay Ryan! I will forward your feedback to the manager of the kiosk and he will address this with his employees. I'm glad that you were able to get the proper information here 🙂 Have a great weekend!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lily for future reference answering questions on here is to help ppl and avoid them having to call customer service and take up their time when they can get the answer from one of us here almost immediately.
I know that. Sometime the customer needs to call in to have a resolution based on his particular account 🙂 Sorry